PAYROLL AND FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Core-Asset Consulting, a leading financial sector recruitment company based in Edinburgh, has an exciting opportunity for a Payroll and Finance Administrator to join our small finance team of three.
We have recently introduced an online timesheet and integrated billing platform.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take responsibility for the weekly payroll function of a growing recruitment company, and at the same time gain exposure to various aspects of finance.
We are looking for an individual to take responsibility for our weekly payroll of temporary workers, and all queries and reporting related to this, as well as responsibility for some finance areas.
The role may suit someone who has previously worked in processing payroll and is interested in getting involved in some aspects of finance.
Role: Payroll and Finance Administrator
Position Reports to: Director of Finance
Working Hours: Monday - Friday
- Weekly payroll processing of our temporary workers and associated administration
- Setting up new members of staff and processing leavers
- Dealing with special situations like maternity or sickness pay
- Ensure that staff are paid on time and receive the correct payments
- Manage all queries from staff and external contacts and agencies, by telephone or by email, and resolve appropriately
- Reconcile payroll payments to the financial ledger
- In conjunction with the finance team and HR, plan the best way to implement legislative changes and ensure that standard procedures are developed to support any such changes.
- Understand and support the finance associate with the integrated billing platform (provide cover if necessary)
- Participate in any projects to develop the payroll processes, taking a lead on identifying improvements and playing a key role in implementing any resultant changes.
- Assist with processing and paying staff expenses
- Entering supplier invoices onto Xero accounting system and prepare payments
- Administration of staff expense claims, ensuring correct coding and VAT treatment
- Administration of credit card and petty cash expense claims, ensuring correct coding and VAT treatment
- Assisting with quarterly calculation of supplier accruals and prepayments
- Ensuring all supplier purchases are recorded accurately in the correct period
- Dealing with queries from suppliers and other teams
- Assisting with the month-end close and reconciliations
- Involvement with quarterly MI and reporting
- Ensure compliance with relevant procedures and processes and maintain evidence/audit trail as required
- Support wider accounting team
- Dealing with ad-hoc project work
- Excellent and proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deal with queries from start to finish and work on own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal English
- A meticulous, systematic approach to problem solving
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good computer and keyboard skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Proactive and motivated
- Strong telephone skills
- Should be confident, self-assured, articulate, enthusiastic, self-motivated
- Customer focussed
- Strong analytical skills
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- An understanding of the importance of strong internal control and compliance environments
- Strong ethics and integrity
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree qualification in an appropriate discipline or with relevant experience
- Experience of payroll and handing queries is desirable
- Experience of working with computerised accounting packages is preferable
- Training will be given on all aspects, but an interest or some experience in finance would be an advantage.
About Core-Asset Consulting
Core-Asset Consulting is an independent recruitment company dedicated to asset management, financial services, accounting & finance and investment operations in Scotland.
A specialist recruiter, our expertise extends across permanent, interim, temporary and contract positions, as well as vetting and on-boarding services.
Launched in 2005, initially we made our reputation within Scotland's asset management sector.
But the success of our model has allowed us to expand rapidly.
We have developed into the wider financial services market, built an accounting and finance team, established an interim, temporary and contract division, and launched a vetting and on-boarding service.
We offer a compelling mix of high market expertise and high client engagement, built on the strong foundations of a recruitment model unique to the financial sector in Scotland.
As a result, Core-Asset Consulting is now considered by many companies to be their number one recruitment partner.
For more information about what it's like to work at Core-Asset Consulting, please check out our graduate brochure.
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- FINANCE ANALYST
- CLIENT INVOICING ANALYST
- SENIOR INVESTMENT ADMINISTRATOR
- SALESFORCE BA
- GERMAN SPEAKING CLIENT SERVICE MANAGER
- ESG - CORPORATE GOVERNANCE ANALYST
- DATABASE ADMINISTRATION PRODUCTION MANAGER
- PLATFORM ADMINISTRATOR
- PART TIME RECEPTIONIST
- INVESTMENT ANALYST - EUROPEAN SMALL CAP
- SENIOR FUND ADMINISTRATOR - PROPERTY
- SENIOR FUND ADMINISTRATOR
- SENIOR SOLICITOR - COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
- NQ SOLICITOR - REAL ESTATE
- SENIOR VALUATIONS ASSISTANT
- SENIOR IN-HOUSE LAWYER
- IN-HOUSE LEGAL ADVISER - FINANCIAL SERVICES
- LEGAL MANAGER
- MANAGER - COMPLAINTS
- MANAGER - CLIENT SERVICES