Provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
The ideal candidate will have direct experience in working on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Mission Accomplishment and Regulatory Compliance Services (MARCS) program.
The objective of this program is to modernize and enhance the IT capabilities in support of the FDA Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) while maintaining a reliable, stable and secure operating environment.
Key areas of focus will be in Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and Development, Modernization and Enhancement (DME) software activities.
The Lead Architect will act as the chief technical resource on the MARCS program interfacing with both contract and customer personnel.
The Lead Architect is responsible for ensuring the architectural integrity and consistency of all systems under the MARCS programs.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads the research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
- Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models.
- Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications.
- Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
- Advises infrastructure engineers on characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
- Serves as the primary customer interface to resolve technical problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software architects and software engineers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- At times, may serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Provides expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Masters Degree Preferred.
- 15-20 years of related software development experience.
- Expert knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques to include Agile/Scrum, DevOps and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) methods.
- Expert knowledge of capturing architecture designs using the Unified Modeling Notation (UML).
- Experience designing, developing and deploying software architecture services using RESTful web services.
- Deep experience working with Oracle platforms to include middleware and database technologies.
- Experience working with Oracle Forms, Documentum and ColdFusion desirable.
- Expert knowledge of Java platforms and frameworks.
- Experience architecting mobile software solutions is highly desirable.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Professional certification in one or more specific methods and technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
- The ideal candidate will have direct experience in working on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Mission Accomplishment and Regulatory Compliance Services (MARCS) program.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- Principal SharePoint Developer
- Neuroscience Clinician
- Clinical Research Assistant
- Research MRI Technician
- Regional Education Coordinator (TBI)
- Senior Systems Interface Engineer
- Principal Network Engineer
- Engineer, Network
- Part Time Bilingual Customer Service - Mandarin
- Part-Time Bilingual Customer Service Rep - Tagalog
- Part Time Bilingual Customer Service Rep - Korean
- Part Time Bilingual Customer Service - Vietnamese
- Part Time Bilingual Customer Service Rep - Russian
- Part Time Bilingual Customer Service Rep - Arabic
- Bilingual Customer Service Rep - Mandarin
- Bilingual Customer Service Rep - Spanish
- Bilingual Customer Service Rep - Korean
- Bilingual Customer Service Rep - Vietnamese
- Bilingual Customer Service Rep - Cantonese
- Sr Software Engineer (Mobile)