Senior Director of Operations
The Senior Project Engineer/Cross-Functional Teams Director reports directly to the Program Manager and leads engineering/technical projects/engagements across the program and provides project leadership and guidance over enterprise projects being performed by the Federal Customer as well as other service providers and vendors in the Federal Department's IT ecosystem.
In addition, the role coordinates and manages the integration of all projects and services within the Customer's IT infrastructure.
Responsible for the overall management and execution of engineering project(s) and ensuring that the technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner.
Oversees the operations of assigned programs, including technical work, staff supervision, financial and business development activities.
Establishes processes and procedures to coordinate the execution, monitoring and maintenance of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) between the program and the Federal Customer as well as Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) between the program and other service providers/vendors.
Leads and provides integration support within the program and when external systems/clients are to be integrated into the Department's IT enterprise.
The Senior Project Engineer/Cross-Functional Teams Director is responsible for quality and timely completion of assigned projects within cost .At this level, the position is typically responsible for managing multiple projects and tasks and supervising more than 25 employees ' both exempt and non-exempt and including two or more subordinate supervisors and managers.
Technical difficulty/complexity of assigned tasks/projects may also affect level selection.
Other responsibilities include:
- 18 - 20 years of hands-on Information Technology, Project Engineering and IT Infrastructure Architectural Design/Engineering of enterprise-level Distributed Information Systems
- Significant hands-on experience as a lead architect/engineer of server infrastructure teams/projects supporting an enterprise Federal IT Infrastructure program
- Experienced and effective leader of projects and teams, with emphasis on analytical, structural, infrastructure design and implementation of highly secure and redundant enterprise infrastructure systems.
- Strong knowledge and significant hands-on experience with VDI, Data Center Management & Operations and Enterprise Dashboarding
- Robust understanding and hands-on experience implementing Enterprise Security Management/Cybersecurity Projects/Engagements
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Identity, Credential and Access Management (ICAM), PKI infrastructure, Active Directory (AD) domains, Windows Servers, Unified Communication, Microsoft Office 365
- Demonstrated experience of successfully managing and executing multiple projects simultaneously and managing to cost and schedule.
- Ability to identify inefficient project/engineering practices and develop best practice solutions.
- Hands-on experience developing and managing SLAs and SOPs across multiple stakeholders/vendors
- Ability to provide technical supervision and leadership to other project engineers and project managers.
- Experience with and knowledge of project/systems engineering functions including:
- Ability to analyze system/project requirements and lead requirements gathering, design and development activities.
- Provision of technical leadership for integration of project/system requirements, design, and technology.
- Ability to incorporate new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing projects/operations.
- Understanding of and hands-on experience developing and reviewing technical documentation, providing improvement recommendations.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions to Senior Management.
- Ability to work across multi-disciplined teams.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- CND / Information Security Analyst
- IT Support Technician
- Sr Revenue Cycle Management SME
- Research Coordinator - Nurse
- Workforce Management Specialist
- Sr. Human Subjects Protection Scientist
- Sr Network Administrator - TS/SCI required
- Master Project Scheduler
- Sr Systems Administrator - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Network Administrator - TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
- Sr Analyst, Info Security
- Study Coordinator
- Data Entry Clerk
- Sr Network Technician - San Antonio, TX - TS/SCI
- Clinical Research Assistant
- Research Assistant (Data Exp Req)
- Regional Education Coordinator (TBI)
- Recovery Support Specialist (TBI)
- Neuroscience Clinician
- Clinical Research Associate/Adminstrator - Naval Medical Center