Sr Manager, Operations
The Senior Systems Engineer/Senior Manager of Operations reports directly to the Program Manager and leads the Infrastructure Services Team consisting of Engineering Solutions; End User Computing Platforms, Network Services Integration, Management & Monitoring; Unified Communications; Application Implementation & Operational Support and Test Environment Coordination.
The position is responsible for the successful day-to-day operations of the Department's infrastructure services and operations.
Requires a hands-on IT operations leader that manages the referenced support teams and provides both tactical and strategic guidance on running a secure, reliable and available infrastructure operations that meets or exceeds Customer expectations.
The Senior Systems Engineer/Senior Manager of Operations works with the Federal Customer, Program Staff and multiple stakeholders to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support technology solutions that improve the Customer's IT experience and addresses operational challenges and risks.
Analyzes infrastructure support needs, evaluates technical solutions, and applies industry best practices to provide responsive and effective solutions that align with Customer's Technology Roadmap.
Supervises, coordinates and/or performs additions and changes to hardware and operating systems and attached devices, including investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation, and testing of new network hardware and software.
Participates in engineering reviews and leads engineering and operations governance across Infrastructure Services.
The Senior Systems Engineer/Senior Manager of Operations serves as the primary lead for engineering solutioning projects from requirements definition through implementation.
He/she manages the day-to-day operations of assigned programs, including technical work, staff supervision, financial and business development activities.
Other duties include:
Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, financial and business development activities.
Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate managers, and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
Performs business development activities, including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
Performs program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, consulting agreements and other program documents.
Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in engineering or technical discipline
Certifications - ITILv3, Scrum Master
- 8 - 10 years of Systems Engineering/Integration and Infrastructure Operations Management experience.
- Extensive experience leading and designing IT/engineering solutions.
- Significant hands-on experience leading O&M activities for core infrastructure services.
- Significant experience managing enterprise high-priority information technology (IT) service delivery deployments that require interagency collaboration and an understanding of government procurement and product lifecycle processes.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with the following End User Computing Platforms: Windows Server 2008/2003/2000, Windows OS 10/7/XP, VMWare ESXi 5.1/5.0, Dell, HP, Apple, Hybrid Touch Screen Devices, Mobile Devices.
- Networking experience must include the following: TCP/IP, VMWare standard and distributed switches, Ethernet, Active Directory, Server Manager, VPN, Microsoft Remote Desktop for Windows, Terminal Server, Microsoft Security Baseline Analyzer, switches, hubs
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) implementation for applications including Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), MS Office 365, ServiceNow, IBM Bigfix, VDI/Cloud-base solutions, Unified Communications
- Key advisor for user platform implementation for feasibility and solutions.
- Hands-on experience managing, coordinating server and switch hardware configuration/builds between local and remote resources.
Ensures configuration follows United States Coast Guard (USCG)/Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) for Windows OS/ MS Office Suite and VMWare procedures and best practices for production deployment.
- Experience collaborating with multiple service teams as well as Operational Divisions to guarantee all key stakeholders were involved in the decision making process regarding department-wide settings and configurations for endpoints.
- Hands-on experience with security patching, security vulnerability reporting and platform software management for ~7K endpoint users using 35 different types of platforms (platform agnostic) including desktops, laptops, tablets, and hybrids.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience on scripting, testing, quality control, configuration management for software package development and deployments.
- Significant experience designing, developing and implementing large-scale IT systems for a Federal Agency.
- Hands-on experience planning and directing the consolidation and migration of legacy applications from disparate hosting locations to data centers.
- Experience developing, tracking, monitoring and implementing corrective actions on SLAs and OLAs.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of integration, operation and configuration of an information technology service management (ITSM) system including managing maintenance, service integration, and automated user forms.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- Principal Public Health Analyst
- CND / Information Security Analyst
- IT Support Technician
- Sr Revenue Cycle Management SME
- Research Coordinator - Nurse
- Workforce Management Specialist
- Sr. Human Subjects Protection Scientist
- Sr Network Administrator - TS/SCI required
- Master Project Scheduler
- Sr Systems Administrator - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Network Administrator - TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
- Sr Analyst, Info Security
- Study Coordinator
- Data Entry Clerk
- Sr Network Technician - San Antonio, TX - TS/SCI
- Clinical Research Assistant
- Research Assistant (Data Exp Req)
- Regional Education Coordinator (TBI)
- Recovery Support Specialist (TBI)
- Neuroscience Clinician