Network Engineer : Cisco : Perm : Edinburgh - To C 45K GDP plus benefits
Network Engineer : Cisco : Perm : Edinburgh - To circa £45,000 plus benefits
Abrecco have been tasked by our well established Edinburgh based client to source a Network Engineer to join a growing technical team who deliver a variety of BAU and project work.
You will have excellent communication and problem solving skills with strong broad ranging knowledge of networking concepts as well as experience configuring, implementing, administering and supporting switches, routers and firewalls ideally within an enterprise scale environment.
You should be self motivated with a genuine passion for technology and enjoy delivering a diverse range of network solutions as part of a collaborative team.
- Proactively manage, monitor and troubleshoot a variety of networking products (on-prem, cloud web etc)
- Firewall configuration and management
- Manage network performance
- Contribute to infrastructure improvement projects as well as provide BAU support
- Identify, investigate and manage risks
Personal and technical attributes:
- Experienced in the configuration and support of Cisco switches and routers
- Network security knowledge and experience with Checkpoint and Juniper firewalls
- In depth understanding on networking principals (VRF, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Proxy etc)
- Familiarity with F5 load balancers would be beneficial
- Cisco or other networking certifications would also be beneficial (CCNA/CCNP etc)
- Any additional Wintel/VMWare system experience would also be beneficial
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for networking who thrives in a team oriented environment and wants to work within a vibrant organisation that is heavily invested in technology.
In return, a competitive salary of up to circa £45,000 is offered dependant on experience, although there may be flexibility for exceptional candidates.
In addition the role will be based in Edinburgh City Centre and the position also comes with an excellent benefits package which includes pension, bonus and overtime payments for out of hours work.
Apply with your latest CV for immediate consideration.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: 30000-45000 Per Annum Bonus, Pension, Health and overtime pa
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Abrecco
- Contact: Urszula Debicka
- Tel: +44 (0)131 226 7331
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: UD/12486
- Posted: 2017-11-30 17:25:54 -
- View all Jobs from Abrecco
More Jobs from Abrecco
- JDE Functional Consultant : Glasgow / UK Remote Working : DOE plus Benefits
- IT Support Analyst : 2nd Line Windows : 3Mth Cont : Aldershot : to Market rates
- Senior Software Engineer : C/C++ : Perm : Edinburgh : To 50K GBP
- Ops Analyst : VMWare/Networking - 12m FTC : Motherwell : To 38k plus benefits
- Software Developer : C#, MVC, Entity : 3MCont : Fareham : Up to 400 per day
- Software Developer : C#.NET / SQL Server : Glasgow : Perm : to 45k
- DevOps Engineer : Linux/Splunk : Perm : Edinburgh : To 40K GBP
- Product Test Engineer : Software/Network : Perm : Edinburgh : Up to GBP 40k
- Software Engineer : Java : Perm : Edinburgh to 35k
- Windows Deployment Consultant : Win10/AD - Perm : Glasgow/Edinburgh : Market rates
- Integration Engineer : C# / ASP.Net / MVC : Perm : Edinburgh - 50k GBP
- Database Developer SQL Server : Perm : Borders : 35-40k DOE
- Software Developer : C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server : 3MCont : Bath : Market Rate
- Desktop Support Engineer : Windows, iOS, O365 : 4m Cont : London and Edinburgh
- Software Developer : PHP / MySQL : Perm : Aberdeen : up to 38.5K
- Senior Developer : C#, .NET, SQL Server : West Lothian : Perm : Up to 50k + Benefits
- Lead WCM Consultant : Adobe : 6m contract : Glasgow : Circa 400 gbp / day
- Senior JD Edwards - CNC Product Engineer : Perm - Glasgow /Remote - DOE
- Technical Trainer : Networked Systems & Devices - Perm : Edinburgh : to 30k GBP plus benefits