Help Desk Technician
General Dynamics is seeking an energetic and dynamic Tier 1 Agent in the IT Service Center to serve the University of Maryland University College at our Largo, MD location.
The Associate Help Desk Technician should have a mix of technical and customer service skills, and be passionate about technology and helping people they encounter digitally or via phone on a day to day basis.
In addition, candidates must have outstanding organizational and analytical skills, along with a sense of urgency.
This positon will report to one of the Supervisors within the UMUC program.
The Tier 1 Agent in the IT Service Center provides technical support and troubleshooting to UMUC-SC systems and applications.
The Tier 1 Agent uses basic office equipment and technology such as telephones, email, and web browsers to perform their duties.
The Tier 1 Agent must be able to respond to consumer inquiries according to established guidelines learned through program training.
The Tier 1 Agent reports directly to the IT Service Center Supervisor.
- Screens, refers, and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related UMUC systems and applications.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Provides troubleshooting and support for UMUC systems such as LEO and myUMUC.
- Assists in the administration of e-mail systems.
- Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
- Analyzes customer needs to determine functional and cross-functional requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant university technologies as assigned.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of program and company regulations and policies and support those policies and procedures
- Adhere to UMUC policies and procedures as they relate to the confidentiality of information and protect personal identifiable information (PII)
- Practice GDIT Core Values and act as a role model
- May be required to work GDIT scheduled holidays and other non-regular business hours
- Participates in special projects as required; performs other duties as assigned.
- Will be required to successfully complete periodic program-specific training
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- May be required to work off-shift as necessary, to include night and weekend hours.
- Associate's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience required.
- At least 6 months years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support.
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
- May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Uses good judgment to make decisions and proactively problem solve, as required.
- Ability to work effectively within established contractual turnaround times.
- Must have demonstrated excellent listening and interpersonal skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires proper safety and security precautions.
To ensure our contact center production area is at minimal risk for unauthorized disclosure (that is, the release or divulgence of information by an entity to persons or organizations outside of that entity) of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or Protected Health Information (PHI), the work environment operates under a Secure Floor Policy.
The Secure Floor Policy limits or restricts personal belongings, electronic devices, or paper that can be brought into production areas.
Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
Headquartered in Fairfax, Va., with major offices worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, , mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- CND / Information Security Analyst
- IT Support Technician
- Sr Revenue Cycle Management SME
- Research Coordinator - Nurse
- Workforce Management Specialist
- Sr. Human Subjects Protection Scientist
- Sr Network Administrator - TS/SCI required
- Master Project Scheduler
- Sr Systems Administrator - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Network Administrator - TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
- Sr Analyst, Info Security
- Study Coordinator
- Data Entry Clerk
- Sr Network Technician - San Antonio, TX - TS/SCI
- Clinical Research Assistant
- Research Assistant (Data Exp Req)
- Regional Education Coordinator (TBI)
- Recovery Support Specialist (TBI)
- Neuroscience Clinician
- Clinical Research Associate/Adminstrator - Naval Medical Center