Mechanical or Electrical Quantity Surveyors
Mechanical or Electrical Quantity Surveyor
Dublin, Kildare, Limerick, Denmark, Sweden
- Top M&E Contractors
- Exceptional Salary with plenty of generous benefits.
- Large prestigious projects; pharmaceutical, data centre, industrial etc.
- Roles available in Denmark, Sweden, Ireland-Dublin or Kildare or Limerick
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for experienced Mechanical or Electrical Quantity Surveyors to join market leading contractors.
The successful Mechanical or Electrical Quantity Surveyors will be involved in a number of large, prestigious projects for many well-known blue chip clients within the Data Centre, Industrial and Pharmaceutical, Power Generation sectors etc..
Our clients are offering exceptional salary packages with generous benefits to the correct individuals, with the opportunity to work as PAYE, Hourly rate or Day Rate.
Candidates of all experience levels are welcomed.
Speak to us today in strictest confidence to discuss the roles.
General Mechanical or Electrical Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Procurement – operational procurement activity and contract support, in conjunction with the Procurement Department
- Reviewing and commercial management of all projects, to ensure accurate and reliable reporting
- Identify, analyse and report on trends within the business & projects
- Provide data and analysis of issues & risks as required by management
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme /Schedule and provide weekly reports to construction team on planned versus actual progress
- Review all incoming correspondence from employers, design team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies
- You will be tasked with ensuring the construction team is adhering to all contractual requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same
- Ensure reporting is in line with group policies & highlight exceptions to management
- You will manage a team of quantity surveyors to ensure all commercial aspects of the business are managed effectively
- You will be responsible for cost controlling costs on all projects and ensuring budgets are achieved.
- You will play a key role in the management of the client relationships from a commercial perspective and ensuring all final accounts are agreed, whilst retaining the business relationship.
- Monitoring projects through design stage and working with the design team to ensure project deliverables are achieved and project risks are minimised
- Issuing tender queries and preparation of tender reports and letting of Mechanical sub-contract packages
- Preparing progress applications and cost reports, and monthly management accounts for each project.
- Vetting all main contracts and negotiations of the commercial risks with perspective clients
- You’ll support the Commercial Director and take responsibility for the commercial assurance of the projects under management
- You’ll provide commercial assurance of project margin performance through accurate forecasting and identification of issues giving rise to commercial risk, management of commercial performance and cash flow
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts.
Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms.
Retentions apply as per agreements.
- Ability to administer the contract obligations and meet additional client requirements.
Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements.
Monthly applications to be all inclusive of accurate re-measures, site changes, dayworks and any applicable contract claims.
Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- 3rd level Qualification in Quantity Surveying / Construction economics
- A proven track record of quantity surveying fundamentals is essential
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail, and experience of the design build process
- Knowledge of Mechanical/Electrical Engineering would be advantageous.
- Good presentation and general management skills
- Strong written communication abilities, and the ability to negotiate a strong commercial position for the company are also essential
- The ability to multi-task and take an overview on a large number of projects at any time.
For more information about these Quantity Surveyor positions or other Quantity Surveyor opportunities, contact Alan Mooney at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188/ +44 845 643 4964 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo- Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector.
We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services (Senior Quantity Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Mechanical Quantity Surveyor, Electrical Quantity Surveyor, M&E Quantity Surveyor, Contract Surveyors, Contracts Managers, Commercial Manager, Site Engineer, Senior Engineer, Project Managers, Health & Safety) provided to many market leading Main Contractors, Specialist Contractors, Subcontractors, M&E Contractors, Client Side Organisations, Developers, Architecture practises, Construction Consultancies etc.
Oradeo also specialises in the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry