Key Words: Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Manager, Manufacturing, Production, Food, Pharmaceutical, Packaging, Manufacture Assembly, Gant Chart, Design, AutoCAD, Quality, Inspection, Sales, Travel
Mechanical Project Engineer required for a permanent day position in the central Cheshire area.
Salary for this role is c£34,000 plus benefits (dependent on experience and qualifications).
Candidates will be considered who aren't currently in a Project Engineer role at present.
Purpose of the Job:
The Successful Project Engineer will be required to ensure the agreed specifications for packaging machines, production and delivery dates are maintained through the sales enquiry, sales order and commissioning process.
- Manage projects for the range of company's machines
- Report to the Project Manager and liaise with Sales Engineer to assist in the creation of an initial proposal drawing of the customers requirements
- Attend customer site with Sales Engineer to clarify client's needs.
- Liaise with PM, Design, Production and Seal depts.
to ensure awareness of project requirements, trials are completed and resolve any problems to completion
- Prepare detailed Machine and Tool specification with samples and proposal drawing to be forwarded to the Design Department
- Produce Gant Chart to ensure agreed delivery date of the project
- Upon completion of machine build carryout a full PDI.
Rectifying any arising faults.
- organise delivery of project, oversee installation of machines on customer's site and carry out any training required for client's operatives
- Maintain client contact at all stages and resolve situations quickly and efficiently.
To be suitable for this Project Engineer role you must have:
- HNC or higher engineering qualification
- Project management experience
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Excellent problem solving skills, logical and be able to communicate at all levels
- Strong customer focus and experience of dealing with clients face to face & by telephone
- Self motivated, good organisational skills and attentive to details
The ideal Mechanical Project Engineer will have:
- Food or packaging experience
- Excellent people management skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate
Salary & Benefits:
- 20 days increasing 1 day/yr.
to max of 25 days plus b/hols.
- Bonus, Pension & Life Insurance Scheme
The successful Mechanical Project Engineer will need to be flexible, willing to work away from home on occasions with little notice and be able to work the needs of the business as and when required.
If you are interested in Mechanical Project Engineer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Process Design Engineer
- Engineering Manager (Nuclear)
- Technical Operator/Maintenance Technician
- Graduate Fire Engineer
- Production Team Leader (Sheet metal)
- Technical and Sales Manager
- Production Supervisor
- Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Site Services Engineer (Mechanical)
- Design Draughtsperson
- Senior Electrical Engineer
- Calibration Engineer (Electrical, Temp & Pressure Mon-Fri Days)
- 3D Piping Designer
- Customer Service Representative / CSR / Administrator (M-F Days
- Engineering Stock Controller / Logistics / Storesperson
- Technical Author
- Logistics Co-ordinator