Technical Manager - Windows and Doors
Prestigious Window firm in Dublin are now looking for a Technical Manager to join their team in Ireland.
This is an excellent opportunity to lead a technical department within one of the countries leading Window and Door Specialists.
- In-depth understanding of various window & door, façade systems such as steel and glass systems, unitized and stick curtain walling, metal/stone rainscreen and various other types of cladding.
- Meet with architects, clients and end users to develop robust solutions.
- Produce details, hand sketches, performance-based specifications, correspondence.
- Work directly with clients, architects, contractors, and various other supply chains.
- Able to confidentially develop and give strategic leadership to the design team.
- Manage several small to mid-sized projects running in parallel.
- Assist/support senior staff in developing solutions for various facades and buildings.
- Support staff members on various design techniques, codes & standards, your knowledge, and experience.
- Exceptional creativity and conceptual thinking applied in the development of window and door façade concepts.
- Degree in architecture/structural engineering/façade engineering/architectural technology/sustainability or building physics degree with concentration in facades is preferable but not essential.
- Background in all aspects in the design of façade typically these include structural, thermal, acoustic, materials, solar performance, fabrication, testing, procurement and site/investigations experience.
- Strong Technical and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit are essential.
Rhino, 3Ds Max or Sketchup is preferable.
- Adobe Design Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Computer literacy is essential.
If the position above is of interest to you, or you would like to keep up to date with jobs within our specialized industries, send your CV Today! and feel free to register at www.elkrecruitment.com.
Elk Recruitment is an award-winning niche recruitment firm with offices currently in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
Our core competency is the placement of permanent and contract mid to senior level professionals within the Fenestration, Facade, Curtain Walling, Roofing & Cladding, Window and Door, Construction & Glazing industry throughout Ireland, United Kingdom, MENA region and the United States.
Our in-depth knowledge, particularly of the façade industry, comes from having worked in senior positions for aluminium, glass & steel companies for over 16 years domestically and internationally.
During this time gaining invaluable experience and insight into elements of the business such as Estimation, Design, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing and Project Management.
This practical in industry senior experience coupled with a very strong academic background is what differentiates Elk Recruitment from its competitors in our chosen field.
More Jobs from Elk Recruitment
- Field Service Maintenance Engineer
- Manufacturing Manager - Engineering
- Estimator Super Opportunity
- AutoCad Technician - Sheet Metal
- Facade Engineer
- Structural Engineer Facades
- Technical Manager - Aluminium
- Senior Curtain Walling Designer
- Project Manager Cork
- Building Envelope Professionals
- Aluminium Curtain Walling Fabricator
- Design Drafting Mgr - Glass and Mirror
- Aluminium Curtain Walling Fitter Fixer
- Facade Curtain Walling Windows Doors
- Snr Project Manager - Glass and Mirror
- Architectural Technician Draughtsman
- Junior Sales Representative - Building Products
- Senior Operations Manager
- Contracts Manager – Engineering Installation
- Project Manager - Roofing and Cladding