Technical Architect - Reading - £60k - £65k
Are you an accomplished developer with a wide breadth of technical know-how?
Are you ready to take on the challenge of running a small team?
Do you enjoy debate and (friendly) argument as a way to test your knowledge and assumptions?
You write code, and you thrive on the challenge of making that code artistic in its simplicity.
C# is your language of choice, but you take pride in being able to answer “probably, yeah” when someone asks “I've got this bit of code that doesn't work, can you fix it?” without having to ask what it's written in.
You like neat, orderly separations between layers of code, enjoy the speed boots fluent mappings and ORMs provide but are worldly enough to know they've got their downsides too, and you like the idea of cloud and micro-services but have been around the block enough to know where the traps are.
You revel in the freedom to suggest and implement new technologies - but you don't have problems supporting existing code and get your hands dirty with the odd bit of legacy product.
You like the idea of leading a team of developers, but prefer to spend your day in Visual Studio than in Outlook and Excel, and as much as you relish the opportunity to share your knowledge you don't want to be a teacher.
You'll lead a small team of developers and QA engineers as a sub-team working on our SaaS product.
You'll take part in sprints alongside other teams - spread across the UK, Ireland and Adelaide - and represent your team's work in scrums and scrum-of-scrums with the other TAs.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Excellent Technical skills, with the “depth” bit in C#, MVC and enterprise applications and breadth in just about anything tech
- Excellent SQL skills, including familiarity with query execution plans, optimisations and index maintenance, memory pinned tables and analysis services, reporting services and big-data techniques
- A firm belief that code that doesn't have unit tests and automated test suites isn't worth having
- Experience on Azure, AWS or similar, including IaaS and PaaS
What's in it for you?
As well as a competitive salary, pension contributions and holiday allowances, you'll have the opportunity to directly influence both the technology and product roadmap of a growing, ambitious company with some amazing people in it.
You'll work alongside experts in a number of fields, and they'll put you through training on the technical tools and platforms (including for Microsoft certifications) as well as in management and organisational effectiveness
You'll engage directly with experts from Microsoft and the wider tech sphere, as well as with our customers, and you'll build your own profile and reputation rather than being an anonymous cubicle farm drone.
Does this sound like the next step in your career? If so let's have a chat, don't worry about a CV at this stage - email@example.com or 01174280600
ISL (Incite Solutions Ltd) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from ISL
- Graduate/ Junior Electronics Design Engineer
- Cloud Engineer - Cirencester - Learn Azure IaaS and PaaS
- Cloud Engineer - Bristol - Learn Azure IaaS and PaaS
- Robotics Software Engineer - Central London
- Software Developer
- Senior .Net Developer – C#, MVC5, Web API, Angular, Blockchain
- Lead Product Manager - Fintech, Payments
- .Net Developer
- Information Security Engineer - Team Leader- Hatfield
- Product Manager
- C++ Developer
- Android Developer
- Embedded Engineer- C and ideally Visual Studio
- Senior Embedded Software Engineer- DSP and ARM
- Stoke on Trent - Software Engineer - C#.NET, WCF, WPF, SQL
- Mid-level Software engineer - React.js / Python - £60,000pa
- Python Engineer | London | £70k
- Software Developer in Test
- Web & Media Assistant