Social Worker - Child Protection Team
We are seeking a committed and experienced Social Worker to join the locality Child Protection Team on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
The service comprises two locality teams each of seven qualified Social Workers, with additional assistants, support staff and students.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the Agenda for Change banding system, but have applied their own salary scale, as above.
Combined with the lower income tax rate and no VAT this equates to a salary of over one band higher than the UK-equivalent Band.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000.
It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St.
Peter's Port, the island's capital.
The States of Guernsey delivers a diverse range of healthcare; their Social Work service provides excellent Child Protection and Child in Need care, supported by Social Workers recruited to a very high standard.
This includes undertaking work with children subject to care requirements in accordance with the Children (Guernsey and Alderney) Law 2008.
The Law has introduced fundamental and significant changes to how concerns relating to children and young people are dealt with and is based broadly on the Children’s Hearing System in Scotland.
Qualified Social Worker with current full HCPC registration.
Minimum of two years post-registration UK experience, including managing own Child Protection and Child in Need caseload.
Experienced in court proceedings, including giving evidence.
Ability to make judgments and decisions with confidence.
Be in possession of a clean and current car driving licence; own vehicle required, (mileage expensed at full rate)
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- A relocation package and Housing Licence offering rental assistance into private accommodation
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
For a summary of all our current Social Worker Jobs click HERE; and for a summary of all current Guernsey opportunities click HERE.
If this job is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
- Start: Permanent, Ongoing, full-time
- Rate: Â£40k - 45.5k per year + Relocation, Accomm
- Location: Channel Islands
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
- Contact: Chloe Armstrong
- Tel: 020 7112 9087
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: ASWC810/GY
- Posted: 2018-03-18 20:20:45 -
- View all Jobs from Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
More Jobs from Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
- Staff Nurse - Pre-Assessment
- General Hospital Radiographer
- Staff Nurse - Acquired Brain Injury / Continuing Care
- Mental Health Staff Nurse - Child & Adolescent
- Occupational Therapist (15 hours) - Eating Disorders Unit
- Mental Health Staff Nurse - Eating Disorders
- Director of Clinical Services - Mental Health
- Anaesthetic - Theatre Practitioner
- Scrub - Theatre Practitioner
- Staff Nurse - Neuro Rehabilitation
- Mental Health Staff Nurse - Adult Acute
- MSK Physiotherapist - (full / part-time) Fitness & Wellbeing Centre
- Deputy Operating Theatre Manager
- Operating Theatre Clinical Co-ordinator
- Lead Theatre (Scrub) Practitioner
- Lead Theatre (Anaesthetic) Practitioner
- Staff Nurse - Outpatients
- Senior Staff Nurse - Surgical Ward
- Staff Nurse - Surgical Ward
- Operating Theatre (Recovery) Practitioner