Senior EIA Consultant
The client is a leading Environmental Consultancy with 20 years' experience successfully helping our
clients achieve their development and regeneration ambitions.
As result of our success we have grown to
have a permanent team of over 50 staff with a diverse range of technical skills.
Our Head Office is in Glasgow with offices in Edinburgh, Banchory and Inverness.
Current client portfolio includes private sector companies operating in renewable energy, quarrying, infrastructure, commercial/residential development, public sector, and third sector organisations including fishery trusts.
We offer a flexible work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits package, in-house
training programs, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and
professional development and the opportunity to work with and learn from other technical experts and
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of Environmental Impact
Assessment projects and will be responsible for a range of tasks incorporating the following elements:
- Support to the Environmental Assessment team in developing new business opportunities and writing tender proposals for EIA projects across a range of sectors;
- Coordination, management and writing relevant sections of Environmental Report across a range of sectors, including the overall production of the Environmental Report;
- Direction and management of specialist sub-consultants and liaison with planners,architects and developers;
- Acting as day-to-day client interface.
Your skills and experience will include:
- At least 5 or more year's proven EIA consultancy experience, having been closely involved in the project management of EIA and in compiling Environmental Statement/EIA Reports;
- An undergraduate degree in Geography, Planning, Environmental Management or relevant discipline;
- Full membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (AIEMA, MIEMA or PIEMA), Institution of Environmental Science or equivalent (MIEnvSc) or equivalent;
- Successful track record of EIA co-ordination/project management , and the ability to produce written reports to a high standard;
- A thorough understanding of EIA legislation and the Scottish planning system;
- Experience of budget and financial control of projects;
- Excellent attention to detail and strong understanding of quality systems such as ISO 9001;
- Excellent client liaison skills;
- Contribution to business development and the ability to help win new EIA projects;
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with clients, sub-consultants and regulators; and
- Full UK driving licence.
It would also be an advantage, to hold:
- Technical skill and experience in at least one technical discipline (e.g.
air quality, noise, etc.);
- Chartered status or demonstrate you are working towards this status;
- Knowledge of other planning systems in the UK; and
- MSc in a relevant discipline.
More Jobs from MET Recruitment London
- Housekeeper Supervisor
- FLT operative
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Trainer
- OS Developer
- Credit Controller
- Bookkeeper/Office Administrator
- Legal & Regulatory Counsel
- Head Of Credit
- Portfolio Manager, Property Management
- Transport Clerk
- Senior Product Manager
- Digital Client Executive
- Digital Client Partner
- Technical Author
- Manager of Property Management
- Senior Team Leader
- Team Leader
- Customer Services Officer - (Italian)
- Customer Services Officer - (French)