Africa Product Manager
If you are well travelled around Africa and have experience in a product and commercial role within the travel industry then now is your chance to join an award winning tour operator!
You will be responsible for managing and monitoring the performance of the product and identifying areas for on-going growth.
, Responsible for the commercial and operational success of the programme.
, Identify areas for on-going growth based on client research, market analysis and sales/cost projections.
, Source the most suitable overseas suppliers
, Ensure the quality of the product is of the requisite high standard.
, Visit key destinations and suppliers in order to achieve the above.
, Determine the destinations, itineraries and content for the annual brochure and website.
, Negotiate and contract rates and services with suppliers.
, Cost the programme, assist in sourcing and selecting images and write product copy.
, Ensure air and ground allocations are requested, confirmed and loaded on the reservations system.
, Manage and monitor the commercial performance of the product ensuring pricing is competitive and meets business requirements.
, Train Sales Consultants and, in conjunction with the Senior Sales Manager, plan educational visits to ensure comprehensive product knowledge.
, Ensure system product information is uploaded, accurate and up to date.
Liaise with the Marketing department to assist with promotion of the product
, Well-travelled in Africa and with a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the luxury and cultural travel market.
, Experience in planning, contracting and costing a programme of tours.
, Results driven with the ability to identify appropriate product to support on-going growth.
, Experience of managing the profitability of a programme.
, Experience in organising and managing group and private travel.
, Proven ability to negotiate with outside suppliers and organizations.
, Experience of CRS (Galileo preferred).
Salary £36-£40k depending on experience.
In return you'll be working for one of the world's most established travel companies and receive a competitive bonus structure with incentives along the way.
If you feel you have the right experience and skillset, please submit your CV by applying to this advert.
More Jobs from Travel Trade Recruitment
- Cruise Consultant - Home worker / office based
- Design Assistant / Marketing Assistant - Travel
- Events Account Manager, Leeds
- Business Development Manager South East & Greater London
- Adventure Travel Sales Specialist
- Head Chef
- Reservations & Customer Service Advisor
- Business Development Executive (Travel Industry)
- Cruise Product Exec - Travel
- Business Travel Consultant, Glasgow
- Contracts Executive Swindon Area
- Web Chat Consultant - Luxury Travel
- Business Travel Consultant, Bradford
- Business Travel Consultant, Aberdeen
- India Travlel Specialist
- Africa Travel Sales Consultant
- Long Haul Travel Consultant - Bristol
- Business Travel Consultant, Bristol
- Travel Consultant- South East and Eastern Asia!
- Product Expert