Junior Sous Chef - Marco Pierre White, Chester
Junior Sous Chef - Marco Pierre White
Doubletree Chester Hotel & Spa, Warrington Road,Chester, CH2 3PD
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with over 17 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels in the UK and Europe..
The Junior Sous Chef role includes a range of duties including: assisting the Head Chef in the overall management of the kitchen department.
You will work in all sections of the kitchen ensuring all dishes for hotel menus are prepared and presented to the dish specification.
Assisting with the training and inspiring of junior chefs, ordering, stock taking, maximising kitchen profitability through minimising wastage and ensuring high standards of food safety and hygiene are all in a days work.
You will bring effective organisation and supervisory skills to ensure continued consistent seamless service in our team.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do.
Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Junior Sous Chef role include:
* Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role.
* Providing clear and timely information to internal and external contacts.
* Anticipating potential problems and solutions within the planning process.
* Promoting effective relationships with individuals and other departments.
* Showing a sense of urgency on behalf of customers and actions requests quickly.
* Striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail.
* Demonstrating a systematic approach to organisation and administration.
* Ensuring promises are kept by following through on requests.
The successful candidate must hold a food preparation and food hygiene qualification, have experience in all areas of the kitchen including stocktaking and ordering.
A proven working knowledge of health and safety and Food Safety practices and legislation is required together with previous experience in training and supervisory a team and effective organisational skills.
You should be computer literate and be able to work flexible hours on any day of the week.
* Award winning employer
* Competitive Salary
* Worldwide team member benefit programme
* 50% F&B Discount at any UK Valor hotel
* Team member of the month incentive
* Free meals on duty and uniforms provided
* Many Team member celebration events throughout the year
* Incremental holiday allowance based on service
* Apprenticeships available
* Healthcare options
* Pension options
* Discounts off Spa treatments
* Local attraction discounts
With 219 rooms, our stylish hotel is set within 12 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds in an 18th Century Manor House, just a short distance from Chester City Centre.
The hotel hosts a mixture of leisure guests, those on business and those attending a meeting or celebration, which our team organise with clockwork precision.
Our guests love our stunning gardens and Grade II listed buildings which make the perfect location for a wedding or celebration.
Our Club and Spa offers luxurious treatments, indoor and outdoor pool, thermal rooms, steam room, aroma room, Hammam and sauna and with two stunning restaurants including our 'Marco Pierre White Steakhouse and Grill'.This fabulous hotel is a great place to work!
Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill - Chester
Located within the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chester, our newly refurbished restaurant offers everything you would expect from a traditional steakhouse with the superior quality of a Marco Pierre White restaurant.
Our team are proud to serve the finest quality, locally sourced ingredients within an intimate setting, overlooking the stunning gardens surrounding the hotel.
This contemporary restaurant is a great place to work!
Valor Hospitality Europe
Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit http://www.valorhospitalityeuropejobs.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Junior Sous Chef position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.
More Jobs from Valor Hospitality Europe Ltd
- Operations Manager
- Food and Beverage Assistant
- Starbucks Barista
- Conference and Events Assistant
- Assistant Conference and Events Manager
- Receptionist - Part Time
- Night Porter
- Bar Person
- Banquet Waiter/ress
- Room Attendant
- Front Office Manager
- Night Manager
- Reservations & Events Manager
- Reception Shift Leader
- Night Porter
- Room Attendant
- Commis Chef