Principal Systems Administrator - TS/SCI with Polygraph
If you are interested in playing a role in maintaining the communications infrastructure, which was established to monitor the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, track international terrorists and drug traffickers? Look no further, as a Network Control Specialist supporting the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), you get to play a role in doing all the above and much more.
This job is important, and every server you touch, every install you support, and every configuration change you execute, all is tied to something bigger.
It is tied to keeping your families safe, and it is ultimately connected to supporting the NRO, our primary customer.
The NRO is a Department of Defense Organization that provides global communications and reconnaissance information to U.S.
forces to support the war on terrorism and other continuing operations.
If being a System Administrator supporting the NRO sounds exciting see the below position, and apply today.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Monitor and investigate Network Management System (NMS) Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) trap data and Syslog messages, troubleshoot network incidents, document findings, remotely restore services, recommend fix actions, and dispatch maintenance to appropriate organizations if remote restoration is not possible.
- Monitor and investigate network performance threshold events as well as security relevant alarms to proactively protect and preserve the functionality of the enterprise infrastructure.
- Escalate Incidents to appropriate Tier 2 personnel and detachments according to established processes and procedures.
- Perform Traffic Engineering (TE) by intelligently manipulating Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) metrics to temporarily alt-route Label Switched Path (LSP) traffic in the event of an incident or CMA Action Plan.
- Collect relevant information required for vendor Technical Assistance Cases (TACs) and provide possible resolutions where a temporary work around is feasible until failed hardware is processed via COMM Maintenance Activity (CMA) requests.
- Log and track incidents in NETS service manager ticketing system.
- Report Situational Awareness information to the customer.
Must possess an appropriate and current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)-Security.
CompTIA Security+ CE Certification is the preferred certification.
In addition, candidate must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Training within six (6) months of Hire Date.
Benefits of this Position
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance - Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement - toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- Storage Engineer - Lead
- Security Engineer (Symantec) Team Lead
- IT Program Manager
- Network Manager
- Office 365 Mail Engineer - Lead
- IT Solutions Architect
- Principal Cyber Systems Engineer (Splunk)
- Endpoint Engineer - Imaging Lead
- Senior Systems Administrator
- Lead Help Desk Technician - TS/SCI - Ft Meade, MD
- Systems Administrator w/Polygraph
- Clinical Research Assistant (Human Subjects)
- Research Associate (Psychometrist Experience)
- IT End User Operations Manager
- IT Infrastructure Operations Manager
- Sr Systems Administrator
- Remote Support Technician IV- TS/SCI
- System / Server Administration - Lead
- Cybersecurity Reverse Malware - Cleared Professional
- Sr Web Developer - Molesworth, UK - TS/SCI