Senior Network Administrator - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Performs 24/7 continuous monitoring to identify network incidents related to service interruptions, WAN/LAN outages, and system performance issues impacting the enterprise infrastructure.
- Works to remediate network and system performance issues prior to larger scale outages and attempts to remotely restore services using established operating procedures, and escalates higher level incidents to appropriate organizations when remote restoration is not possible.
- Responsible for day-to-day O&M and administration on routers, switches, multiplexer, load balancers, and encryption/decryption devices within a multi-vendor environment.
- Troubleshoots SONET, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, Ethernet, Frame-Relay, VRF/VPN, VPLS, Tunneling and other networking technologies to identify potential switching and routing conflicts and to ensure connectivity throughout the enterprise.
- Coordinates and implements network changes in accordance with established network maintenance activity processes and procedures.
- Executes network outage mitigation procedures to reduce service impacts during network outages and infrastructure maintenance activities by ensuring customer traffic is alt-routed around impacted locations onto other available paths within the network.
- Interacts with Cyber Network Defense (CND) analyst to investigate network security related incidents and works to identify root causes and executes mitigation strategies to preserve and protect the functionality of the enterprise infrastructure.
- Reports Situational Awareness (SA) information to the customer and works to identify business impact in conjunction with technical trouble ticketing documentation.
- Maintains Job Qualification Standard (JQS) requirements and job certification with an implemented Annual Plan of Instruction (APOI) per customer direction in conjunction with DoD 8570 Requirements.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
- Escalate Incidents to appropriate Tier 2 personnel and detachments according to established processes and procedures.
- Perform Traffic Engineering (TE) by intelligently manipulating Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) metrics to temporarily alt-route Label Switched Path (LSP) traffic in the event of an incident or CMA Action Plan.
- Collect relevant information required for vendor Technical Assistance Cases (TACs) and provide possible resolutions where a temporary work around is feasible until failed hardware is processed via COMM Maintenance Activity (CMA) requests.
Shift work is on a Panama Schedule.
Rotation between shifts is every two months.
Must possess an appropriate and current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)-Security.
CompTIA Security+ CE Certification is the preferred certification.
In addition, candidate must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Training within six (6) months of Hire Date.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance - Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement - toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector.
Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- Storage Engineer - Lead
- Security Engineer (Symantec) Team Lead
- IT Program Manager
- Network Manager
- Office 365 Mail Engineer - Lead
- IT Solutions Architect
- Principal Cyber Systems Engineer (Splunk)
- Endpoint Engineer - Imaging Lead
- Senior Systems Administrator
- Lead Help Desk Technician - TS/SCI - Ft Meade, MD
- Systems Administrator w/Polygraph
- Clinical Research Assistant (Human Subjects)
- Research Associate (Psychometrist Experience)
- IT End User Operations Manager
- IT Infrastructure Operations Manager
- Sr Systems Administrator
- Remote Support Technician IV- TS/SCI
- System / Server Administration - Lead
- Cybersecurity Reverse Malware - Cleared Professional
- Sr Web Developer - Molesworth, UK - TS/SCI