Reservations & Events Manager
Crowne Plaza Harrogate, Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with 17 properties in the UK and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels.
The Reservations & Events Manager role involves a range of duties, including: ensuring Rooms and Meetings & Events business targets are maximised ensuring all incoming enquiries are converted quickly and efficiently to meet customer and business needs.
Room sales, Meetings & Events, market segments and average rates are all in day's work together with assisting the Revenue Manager with training and coaching fellow team members.
You will make sure our relationships with booking agents are positive, keep regular guests and corporate clients feeling ?special' and identify new customers.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who can drive commerciality through caring and pride.
Being personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Reservations & Events Manager role include:
* Maximising sales opportunities through upselling, cross-selling and achieving add-on sales.
* Analysing why customers behave as they do and adapts accordingly.
* Promoting effective relationships with customers and internal departments.
* Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role.
* Looking for sales opportunities within the thinking and planning process
* Demonstrating a systematic approach to organisation and administration.
* Providing clear and timely information to customers and the sales department.
* Ensuring promises are kept by following through on requests
The successful applicant must have previous experience in reservations and/or meetings and events preferably in a hotel/hospitality environment.
You will have experience in supervising and training others to meet targets.
Working in an administration and sales role, you will be computer literate, be able to manage changing priorities and workloads in a fast paced environment and be calm under pressure always delivering a high level of customer service.
You will be able to work flexible hours on any day of the week.
* Award winning employer
* Competitive Salary
* Worldwide team member benefit programme
* 50% F&B Discount at any UK Valor hotel
* Team member of the month incentive
* Free meals on duty and uniforms provided
* Many Team member celebration events throughout the year
* Incremental holiday allowance based on service
* Apprenticeships available
* Healthcare options
* Pension options
* Complimentary car parking
With 214 rooms, our stylish hotel is conveniently located in the heart of beautiful Harrogate and is a popular choice for those visiting the 'Harrogate Convention Centre'.
The hotel hosts a mixture of leisure guests, those on business and those attending a meeting or celebration for up to 320 people, which our team organise with clockwork precision.
Our guests can stay energised with a visit to our Fitness Centre, or enjoy a visit to the newly refurbished 'Springs Restaurant' serving a sunning menu of fresh, local ingredients.
This contemporary hotel is a great place to work!
Valor Hospitality Europe
Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit http://www.valorhospitalityeuropejobs.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Reservations & Events Manager position
More Jobs from Valor Hospitality Europe Ltd
- Assistant Night Manager
- Work Placement
- Operations Manager
- Assistant Food and Beverage Manager - Bars
- Chef de Partie
- Room Attendant
- Bar Person
- Commis Chef
- Reception Manager
- Leisure Club Assistant
- Food and Beverage Assistant
- Bar Person
- Kitchen Porter
- Banqueting Waiter/ress - Evenings Casual
- Conference and Events Porter/ Assistant
- Chef de Partie
- Bar Person
- Front Office Manager