- An exciting career opportunity to join a great team of Plant Operators.
- Bass Coast, South Gippsland location.
- Full Time Permanent Position
About the company
Our client operates one of Australia's largest processing plants, which is based in Wonthaggi.
The company strives to be socially accountable and responsible, environmentally sustainable and compliant.
Leadership, transparency and efficiency are pivotal to their ability to maintain an open and collaborative approach to stakeholders and transparency in ensuring a best practise environment.
About the role
Our Client near Wonthaggi in Victoria has an exciting career opportunity to join a great team of Plant Operators operating one of the most challenging Desalination Plants in the world.
Reporting to the Operations Coordinator, the Plant Operator will follow procedures to efficiently and safely operate the plant, its processes and auxiliaries.
- Operate the VDP on 12 hour shifts as part of the continuous 24/7 plant operation
- Ensure site security and safety during the shift
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and O&M manuals
- Carry out sampling and laboratory testing on water quality
- Monitor and adjust process to ensure water quality complies with all requirements at all stages of the process
- Monitor and adjust process to ensure optimum performance of equipment
- Operate chemical delivery/dosing and waste removal processes should it be required
- Complete all logs and records as described in the Operations manuals and Plan
- Liaise with appropriate Manager / Supervisory staff regarding production, operations and water quality targets
- Perform calibrations as required
- Assume responsibility for the plant and operation after hours including the following:
-Response to equipment failure and contacting stand-by Technician or Site Operator for assistance as required
- Fault finding of the process
- Tasks to remedy faults
- Contact of the appropriate Duty Manager when assistance is required
- Site security and communication with security contractor
- Report all breakdowns or plant / process abnormalities;
- Assist Technicians and Site Operators in breakdown situations or if additional help is required;
- Supervision and liaison with contractors and issuance of Permit to, including but not limited to:
- Monitoring safe work practices, Risk Assessments
- Ensuring only appropriately inducted and trained personnel perform work
- Monitor quality of work
- Be pro-active to plant upgrade and modification with the goal of improving performance and quality
- Perform cleaning duties and routine operational activities to maintain the plant as directed.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Certification III in Water Operations
- Valid Driver's License
- At least 4 years' experience in the water, petrochemical or other automated industry incorporating SCADA technology
- Previous experience in Shift work.
- Flexible team player who can work effectively with other teams and also work autonomously;
- Ability to effectively prioritise, manage and execute tasks as needed
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of SCADA Control Systems
- Good reporting capabilities - Use of Microsoft Office
- Experienced in working to a strict set of quality systems; Capable of inspection, testing, and adjustment of electric, electronic, mechanical and instrumentation devices associated with the plant.
How to apply
Applications must be received via the GBS Recruitment website (Ref No: 2008630) or the link below, or contact Nerelle Foster, on +61 03 5174 2665 for a confidential discussion about the organisation and opportunity.
Applications close on Friday 16th November at 5:00 pm.
More Jobs from GBS Recruitment
- Forklift Operator / Store Person
- Technical Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Store Supervisors
- Refrigeration Mechanic
- Trainee - Property Services (Real Estate)
- Hospitality and Retail Staff Required
- Emergency Disaster Relief Workers
- Emergency Disaster Relief Workers
- Senior Rigging Technician
- Hydraulic Technician/Fitter
- Maintenance Team Member
- Manager Groundwater & Rivers
- Manager Water Supply East
- Quarry Machinery Operator
- Financial Services Coordinator
- Expression of Interest: Environmental Health Officers
- Payroll / Accounts Payable Officer
- Youth Justice Support Worker (after hours) x 4
- Hub Practitioner (Support & Safety Hub) x 4