Database Developer | Private University | Manchester | 50K p/a
Database Developer | Private University | Central Manchester | Up to 50K p/a
We are looking for a database developer that will bring the contribution into all the database components used by the client's architecture.
On a daily base, you will be involved in the development of the database, following the client's SDLC process.
In the same time you will contribute to and be responsible for the continuous change and ‘Never Stand Still' attitude of the IT Department and business as a whole!
About the client:
Our client is a well-established university with more than 40 years activity on the market.
Their main focus is on the law, business and health professions and they have received numerous awards, but also they have been chosen as the provider for the Legal Practice Course (LPC) by a number of leading law firms, including, among others, Allen & Overy, Baker & McKenzie, Clifford Chance, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer or Herbert Smith Freehills.
They are a global business of over 1500 people always on the lookout for new talent.
, Estimate, Develop, Unit test and Document database components in line with Architecture strategy
, Evolve and Design Data Models as required to support the Business Insight team
, Liaise with the business to clarify and agree to low-level requirements
, Work directly with the Architecture team to ensure designs are accurate and understood
, Feedback to the Application Development Manager in a timely manner
Key performance measures:
, Code Quality - Each release cycle will review code quality against issues found in system testing
, Knowledge/Competency - Ensure own knowledge is adequate for the tasks as set by the Technical Lead and Application Development Manager is a key measure of this role
, Secure Coding Practice - A key measure of this role is to continually embed secure coding practices into the BPP Database Architecture
, Degree qualified to BSc/BA level with a highly technical, programming or Computer Science agenda
, At least 3 years in a technical development role
, Awareness of SDLC and Project methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban and Prince2.
, Skills - Must have demonstrable skills in the following areas;
, Database technologies (Oracle and/or MS SQL Server)
, PL/SQL and/or T-SQL, ETL
, ETL Techniques
, Transactional Databases (OLTP)
, Analytical Databases (OLAP)
, Graph DB (Desirable)
, Document DB (Desirable)
, Experience in Agile, Kanban/Scrum
· Training and development
· 25 days holiday (rising to 30 days after 5 years)
· 10 days holidays purchase policy
· Private medical insurance
· Health cash plan
· Dental insurance
· Life insurance
· Income Protection (PHI) Scheme
· Employee Assistance
· Childcare vouchers
· ‘cycle to work' scheme
· Season ticket loan
If you would be interested in applying for this position, then please give me a call at 020 31464313 or send me an email with your updated CV at email@example.com!
More Jobs from Just IT Recruitment
- Front-End Developer | Management Industry | London | Up to £85K
- 1st Line Support
- IT Support Engineer
- ICT Technician
- IT Support Analyst
- Scientific Application Support Analyst
- C# Developer | Market Research Industry | N London | Up to £38K
- Server Support Analyst
- Desktop Support Analyst
- .Net Developer (partly remote) | Education | Manchester
- Software Developer | Scrum Master (partly remote) | Manchester
- IT Cloud Analyst
- IT Security Administrator
- 1st Line Support
- C++ Engineer | Crypto Currency Industry | London | Up to £55K
- Java Developer | EventsTech | Central London | Up to £60K p/a
- Apprenticeships Business Coach | IT Staffing | Central London
- Senior Front End Dev | Entertainment Ind | London | Up to £50K
- Front End Developer | Entertainment Ind | London | Up to £40K
- Senior eCommerce BA | London | Luxury Retail | Up to £600/day