Head of Software Engineering
Are you a strong technologist with a software engineering background? Do you have hands on experience within a technical environment, and developing high enterprise software? If so we are now recruiting for a Head of Software Engineeringand are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and business growth, we are now looking for a strong, technically experienced candidate with high attention to detail, to join the team as our Head of Software Engineering.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy, growing organisation at an exciting time.
The role requires drive, energy and passion and will suit anyone looking to make a big difference in an organisation that is growing fast and looking to re-platform its technology and processes.
The next 12 months will see the delivery of Cloud (AWS), Java, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, monitoring, self-healing, loosely coupled architectures, microservices, kubernetes/docker, serverless, machine learning.
* Competitive salary of £65,000 - £75,000 DOE
* Full Time position.
40 hours a week
* 27 days plus public holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Healthcare cash plan
* Salary sacrifice schemes
* Life Assurance
* Parking space
* Zest - Events club run by staff for the staff
Head of Software EngineeringResponsibilities:
As part of the IT senior management team, you will be tasked with building and leading a high performing engineering team in conjunction with delivery partners to deliver key aspects of the business platform strategy.
You will also be responsible for:
* Overseeing the software engineering capability ensuring improvements in quality, speed and frequency of delivery
* Management and improvement of functional capabilities - technical architects, Java and PHP software engineers, QA's, business/systems analysts.
* Overseeing the quality and improvement of software delivery processes.
* Working closely with the product teams to coordinate repeatable and reliable deliveries to UAT and production.
* Leading the day to day use of agile/lean and devops practices.
* Monitoring and reporting on key performance metrics and provide regular feedback.
* Providing leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and establish objectives for career development.
* Driving continuous improvement work, streamline processes, eliminate waste and improve both quality and overall responsiveness.
* Working closely with the CTO on defining and maintaining the implementation roadmap, technology selection, architecture and design principles.
The ideal Head of Software Engineering:
* Software engineering: A strong technologist with a software engineering background - you must have had hands-on experience in developing and delivering enterprise level software using XP/Scrum/Kanban processes
* People management: collaborative and able to flex styles to get the best out of people, experienced in objective setting and appraisals
* Hiring: demonstrated ability in all aspects of hiring - creating staffing plans, writing job descriptions, attracting talent, and making great hires
* Agile: Must be able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of the agile software development cycle, (Agile/Scrum/XP/Lean/Kanban) and its rollout into an organisation
* Planning and resourcing: demonstrated ability to cost, schedule, and execute across multiple product teams to ship quality software solutions on time
* Delivery management: Continuous Integration and delivery pipelines, configuration, deployment and release management
* Issue troubleshooting and management: A willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues
The Freedom Group are a highly established and reputable financial broker.
We work with some of the most prestigious and growing financial institutions globally and as a leading UK broker we have won numerous awards including Best Use of Technology in Secured Lending, Broker Service Excellence and Best Secured Loans Broker of the Year.
Established in 2007, Freedom Finance offer solutions in a range of markets and strive to offer customers a better way to shop for loans.
We believe that our people are our most important asset and are key to the business's success.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Head of Software Engineering, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory.
We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Software Tester
- Sales Consultant
- Accounts Clerk
- Travel Consultant
- Production Operative
- Senior Production Operative
- Field Service Technician
- Retail / Business Manager - Automotive
- Used Car Sales Executive
- Mortgage Administrator
- Trainee Buy to Let Mortgage Advisor
- Business Development Executive
- Customer Service Assistant / Sandwich Artist
- Retail Team Leader
- Assistant Store Manager
- LGV Driver
- Weighbridge Administrator
- Site Operative
- Fuel Reception Operative