Leading special purpose machine company with a strong order book who are experiencing a period of growth currently are looking to recruit an Applications Engineer to deliver an in-depth technical, conceptual and costing service to the business and its clients.
The role is a design focused position but also incorporates elements of project management, estimating & costing.
This role will rely on your existing engineering skills but also give you the opportunity to diversify and improve skills in other areas.
The company is very well established for a number of decades and work on a global level to a number of household name FMCG companies.
They have a demonstrable growth in both profitability and staff numbers continuing to go from strength to strength with a high level of repeat business customers.
The company designs and manufactures bespoke machines to a number of different sectors and have been won a number of major sector awards throughout the years.
The Applications Engineer sits between a number of divisions and is highly involved in the execution of developing unique technical solutions.
The role will support the businesses technical sales engineers and will involve a high level of customer contact - you should therefore have a solid understanding of general engineering and assembly processes.
You must be able to convert clients demands into workable projects and provide appropriate costing levels to ensure projects are technically and commercially viable.
You should have some exposure to the Automation or Special Purpose Machinery sector and should have experience of providing innovative solutions to bespoke problems.
Key requirements for the role are:
- Educated ideally to degree level or with relevant vocational qualifications such as HNC.
HND or apprentice served
- Strong commercial skills and experience of negotiation
- Understanding of design software - ideally AutoCAD, MS Office and SolidWorks
- Ability to problem solve, prioritise tasks and communicate externally and internally
- Demonstrable experience of project management
- Full valid driving licence
- I'm very keen to speak to people with job titles such as Applications Engineer, Project Manager, Project Coordinator and Design Coordinator
The role comes with a basic salary of up to £44.5k based on experience plus company pension scheme and holidays.
The company is very keen to promote internally with strong apprenticeship and graduate schemes as well as providing a high level of training.
There are very open levels of communication throughout the business and they are very involved with community and charity events.
The company is based in North Leeds and is highly commutable from most major West Yorkshire cities & towns as well as a number in North Yorkshire
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- CNC Miller
- Welder / Fabricator
- Project Manager
- Parts Controller
- Group Engineering Systems Manager
- Group Engineering Project Manager
- Mechanical Fitter
- Production Operative
- Software Engineer - Automation
- HGV Technician
- Maintenance Electrician
- Accounts Administrator
- Production Manager
- Manufacturing Plant Manager
- Manufacturing Plant Manager
- Driver Labourer
- Semi-Skilled Joiner
- Vehicle Dismantler
- Vehicle Fitter
- Mechanical assembler