Do you have proven experience of customer service, administration and coordination? Passionate and driven but lack challenge in your current role? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting for a Distribution Coordinator / Shipper in Bristol and we want to hear from you!
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards.
Joining our team as a Distribution Coordinator, you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits Including:
* 25 days holiday
* Contributory pension scheme
* Free parking
* Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice on a whole range
* of issues
* Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Distribution Coordinator/Shipper, you will have customer service and logistics experience in a fast paced, complex business.
You will also:
* Someone to provide a professional distribution service to customers, in a fast moving and changeable environment - accurately taking orders for Readymix concrete and translating them into a distribution schedule that account for the needs of the customer, optimisation of the concrete plants and most cost effective use of the vehicle fleet.
* Someone to work flexibly within the team, becoming multi-skilled in other roles to meet the needs of the business whilst maintaining good rapport and effective working relationships with other team members, ie plant staff, drivers, contract hauliers and customers.
* Someone to assist the business in providing the best offer for our customers, enhancing their experience and creating more value over our competitors.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Distribution Coordinator you will:
* Build & Maintain working relationships with customers and the local business team including drivers
* Accurately taking orders for concrete and inputting onto the system
* Customer Service - Respond positively & confidently to our customers' requirements
* Planning - scheduling and ensuring timely delivery of orders agreed with our customers, optimizing cost through effective truck utilization.
* Truck mixer utilization - Making decisions on optimum fleet numbers, transfers & requirement for hired trucks in conjunction with the National Truck Co-ordinator
* Supervision of drivers - Provide instruction to drivers of timed deliveries and locations
* Monitoring - Maintain real time progress of scheduled orders allowing you to identify potential problem areas and pro-actively dealing with them.
* Communication - Proactively communicate with customers to explain progress of deliveries, liaison with plant staff to ensure raw materials in place for planned deliveries, Daily liaison with Manager, External teams and colleagues to review next day program
* Site/Plant/Driver Visits - visits to customer sites to understand the site process and practices, visit to other plants and departments to understand production/technical processes.
* Multi Skilling - Gain a basic understanding and knowledge of other roles that exist within the business
Tarmac is the UK's leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business.
Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country's long-term future.
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfill our vision, we would like to meet you.
Please click APPLY below now to register your interest in the role of Distribution Coordinator!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory.
We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Security Operations Analyst
- Lead Quality Manager (Polymers)
- Landfill Operative
- Contact Centre Agent
- Care Team Leader
- Care Team Leader : Male Clients
- Landfill Operative
- LGV Driver (Class C+E)
- Collections Business Manager
- Sales Controller - Automotive
- Mortgage Advisor
- CRM Executive
- Contact Centre Agent
- Project Delivery Manager
- New Business Sales Executive
- Customer Service Advisor
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- F2F Campaign Manager
- Graduate Project Management / Commercial Trainee