Assembly Assistant (Warehouse & Logistics) : West London - 17 - 19k
Assembly Assistant (Warehouse & Logistics) : West London - £17 - 19k per annum depending on experience
Lamb Personnel are searching for an experienced Assembly Assistant (Warehouse) to join our client, a well-established, eyewear company, based in SW London.
This truly is an exciting opportunity to join this prestigious eyewear brand, with a fantastic working culture, ambitious and rapid growth plans, delivering excellence in eyewear design to its customers.
This role would suit someone who comes from an optics background, as it would be preferred that the role holder has an understanding about frames and also how they are made as this would be the main part of the role.
You will also require strong administration skills and MS Office, as well as experience in warehouse and Logistics.
Industry/Job Function: Wholesale Distribution / Warehousing and Logistics
Normal Working Hours: Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 5:30 pm
Purpose of the role:
In order to support our Warehouse and Storage Department to the highest standard, we are looking to strengthen the team.
It is a great opportunity to receive well-rounded, in-depth and stock management experience in this exciting designer industry and working environment.
Your profile and responsibility:
The successful candidate will need a minimum of 2 years' experience in an assembly/production or possibly warehouse environment.
The candidate will be assisting the Warehouse and Logistics Manager in establishing an efficient Assembly production centre in the headquarters in the UK.
You will also receive thorough training and development to enhance your understanding of our optical service.
We are looking for passionate people with attention to detail and a great work ethic.
This department will be responsible for making frames, assembly of parts, polishing of frames, labelling, packing frames etc.
The main duties include:
* Assembly of parts to frame fronts, lasering, polishing, labelling, packaging
* Qc checks to ensure frame and parts are of the correct high standard
* Operation of relevant machinery, ensuring that best practices are adhered to at all times.
* Help with frame repairs when required.
* Provide warehouse support for packing and dispatching orders when required.
* Use of online shipping, UPS shipping software and monitoring of deliveries.
* Other ad hoc tasks as requested by the Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Your essential and required skills:
* Confident, self-motivated, with a strong desire to take on ownership of tasks and team culture.
* Excellent communication skills, impeccable organisation and time management skills.
* Excellent attention to detail with good computer skills particularly MS Office.
* Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
* Annual salary of £ 17 - 19 k per annum depending on experience
* Annual holiday allowance of 28 days including bank holidays
* Workplace pension scheme
* A fun and lively working environment based at their new headquarters in West London with a combined office, production site and a new recreation facility for staff.
We do try to get back to as many applicants as possible, however some roles are in very high demand, and we will always carefully select and shortlist the resumes that are most aligned to our clients requirements; so if you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please assume that your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.
More Jobs from Lamb Personnel ltd
- Assistant Branch Manager - Colney - 22-27k
- General Administrator/Receptionist
- Part Time Sales Administrator - Isleworth - 23k (Pro Rata)
- Yard Supervisor - Hayes - 20-25k
- Assistant Branch Manager - Hayes - 22-27k
- Office Coordinator - Feltham - 25-35k
- Operations Assistant (Secretarial) : Farringdon : Part-Time - 21k-26k pro rata
- Research Analyst - 26-34k - Twickenham
- Front of House Administrator : Richmond - 22k - 24k - Temp to Perm
- Trade Counter Assistant - Feltham - 18 - 22k
- Property Manager
- Part Time Franchise Support Manager - Home Based and Guildford - 30k pro rata
- Graduate Scheme / Clinical Associate : Pharmaceutical Sector : Leatherhead - 30k
- Trainee Sales Negotiator
- Portfolio/Office Coordinator
- Compliance Coordinator
- Compliance Consultant
- Area Manager - London - 30-32k
- Accounts Assistant - Kew - 11-11.50p/h
- Temporary Administrator