We are looking for an Electrochemist to work on a permanent basis in Cheshire.
Salary is c£35-45,000 per annum (depending on experience).
Our client is ideally seeking a candidate with a Phd in Electrochemistry (or Chemistry or a similar field) with some work experience in a similar role.
They will also consider an Electrochemist who is Degree qualified in Chemistry and some experience working as an Electrochemist.
- Lab based work to take new materials and develop processes to produce components or cells from a small scale and up to pilot scale
- Liaison with R&D, project and production teams to gather data, report progress, write up new processes and hand over for pilot scale production.
- Deliver accurate and clear reports to the R&D team.
- Write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for system testing
- Train other staff in newly developed techniques
- The role will include helping set up and supervising the testing of electrochemical cells systems.
Skills and Experience
PhD in electrochemical system related field.
- Experience with electrochemical characterisation techniques, including electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, voltammetry and three electrode cells.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary project team, and as collaborator with academic & industrial partners
- Experienced electrochemist or materials scientist with electrochemical processes knowledge (ideally electrolysis and water treatment related)
- Experience in product testing, product and process development
- Knowledge of application testing and quality control testing of materials
- Handling of large data sets and generation of high-quality reports
- Experience in processing cell materials into electrodes, assessing their performance electrochemically and characterisation of cell performance, degradation and ageing would be beneficial.
- Excellent problem-solver, with record of achievement in a R&D environment.
- Familiarity with materials and surface characterisation techniques.
- Evidence of ability to translate research output into solutions to real world engineering problems.
If the Electrochemist role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!!
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- CNC Miller / Turner (Fanuc / Siemens) - Skelmersdale (perm)
- HGV Class 2 Driver
- CNC Setter / Programmer/Operator (Milling) Nights
- Field Service Engineer
- Production Manager
- Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Plant Maintenance Engineer
- Marketing Manager
- Principal Electrical Engineer
- Telecoms Project Engineer
- PC Repair / IT Bench Test / Diagnostic Technician (M-F Days)
- Plant Fitter
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Commercial Manager
- Electronics Engineer
- Production Engineer - Cobots
- Maintenance and Facilities Manager
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer (Contract, Shifts Night & Days)
- Screening Nurse/ Occupational Health Advisor/ Treatment Nurse