This job has been posted for more than 30 working days and has expired.
High Throughput Process Development Scientist
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories PSS is searching for a Formulation Scientist in West Point, PA.
Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Execute high throughput process development (HTPD) experiments with BSL-1 and BSL-2 biological agents and viruses.
These experiments may include the screening of conditions for one or more of the following: cell culture, bioreactor, chromatography, precipitation, and conjugation/cross-linking chemistry.
- Operate and maintain laboratory automation equipment (Tecan, Hamilton, Ambr15, Ambr250, CompacT, and/or HighRes Biosolutions) to support HTPD screening experiments.
- Perform analytical testing, including cell-based assays, biochemical testing, and/or HPLC to support HTPD experiments, and participate in development of new assays as needed.
- Prepare laboratory reagents, solutions and culture media
- Maintain cell lines as necessary to support screening experiments
- Analyze, collate, track, and report data back to client staff members
- Maintain records and test results following good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Work independently and efficiently
- Document work clearly and perform tests accurately
- Communicate effectively with client staff members
The ideal candidate would possess:
- General laboratory skills, with at least one year of laboratory experience
- At least six months experience with aseptic and cell culture techniques
- Experience with cell-based (imaging, flow cytometry) and biochemical analytical techniques
- Highly computer literate.
Capable of quickly learning and adapting to new computer programs.
Experience using formulas and linking spreadsheets in Excel.
- Experience in programming/coding (e.g.
equipment software, Visual Basic, C++, MatLab, or Python programming) is considered a plus.
- Experience working with laboratory automation or advanced computer-controlled laboratory equipment, such as bioreactor controllers (e.g.
Applikon, Sartorius, Ambr), chromatography workstations (e.g.
Akta), or robotic liquid-handlers (e.g.
Tecan or Hamilton).
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
in Biology, Cell Biology, Bio/chemical Engineering, or related science
- One year of general lab experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed.
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of West point, PA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work.
We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Apply for this ad Online!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: US$24 - US$28 per hour + 401k PTO Health
- Location: West Point, Pennsylvania
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Recruiter: Eurofins Scientific Inc.
- Tel: 717-556-7340
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2019-04-03 21:25:13 -
- View all Jobs from Eurofins Scientific Inc.
More Jobs from Eurofins Scientific Inc.
- Technical Manager, Food Safety Systems
- AQL Scientist - GMP Testing Lab - Second Shift
- Analytical Scientist
- Associate Analytical Chemist I - Third Shift
- Post-Doc Sensomics
- Analytical Scientist
- Microbiology / Environmental Monitoring Technician
- SDS-Page Scientist
- Downstream Process Development Engineer
- Virology/Chemistry/Biochemistry Lab Technical Support
- Customer Service/Inside Sales Representative
- Sales and Client Service Specialist
- EHS Senior Specialist - Training and Compliance
- Business Systems Analyst - CRM Administrator
- Research Technician
- Senior Scientist, Residue
- Cell Culture Scientist
- QC Team Lead
- Associate Scientist: Biopharmaceutical