Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Tring, Hertfordshire - Permanent - Excellent Career Development & Progression Opportunities
We have some fantastic permanent mechanical design engineer positions available with a world leading defence company based in Hertfordshire.
The roles involve a mixture of new cutting edge design projects and upgrades to existing technology.
If you are looking to build a successful career, with a clear progression pathway, this opportunity provides an unrivalled support structure with a company that champions personal development.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for the mechanical design of satellite communications equipment from concept and design through to testing.
Reporting to a Mechanical Design Manager, you will work within a team of up to 5 people on projects ranging in scope, with timescales from a few days up to 9 months.
Some of the key aspects of the role will include the following, however you will not necessarily need to already possess all these skills, as structured training is provided:
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks 3D CAD package.
- Experience in the design of:
- Electro-mechanical systems.
- Machined and sheet metal parts.
- Composite or moulded parts.
- Waveguide parts and assemblies.
- Transit cases.
- Experience of carrying out environmental testing.
- Knowledge and experience of Finite Element Analysis.
Important information: Due to the nature of the projects, the successful candidate will need to be able to gain a minimum SC level security clearance
Key Words - Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Mechanical Design Developer, Mechanical Designer, Solidworks, 3D CAD, FEA, Electro Mechanical, Machine, Sheet Metal, Satellite Communications Antennas, Mechanical Environmental Testing, Bills of Materials,
Commutable from - Tring, Aylesbury, Hemel Hempstead, Dunstable, Luton, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Banbury, Watford, London, Greater London, High Wycombe, St Albans, Stevenage, Welwyn Garden City, Bedford, Maidenhead, Slough, Leighton Buzzard, Hitchin, Hatfield, Edgware, Harrow, Barnet, Bletchley, Bicester, Abingdon, Hayes, Northampton
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- HVAC Project Manager
- Firmstep Developer
- Project Manager
- Solutions Architect
- Head of Engineering
- Building Surveyor
- Lawyer (Marine) - London - Permanent - £70,000 - £100,000+
- Software Developer
- Project Engineer
- Lead Mammographer / Breast Screening Radiographer -
- LGV Technician / Mechanic
- IT Infrastructure Engineer- 5101809
- Technical Project Manager
- Information Security Officer
- MULTI SKILLED DRIVER
- Senior MRI Radiographer - Norfolk
- Technical Superintendent - (Gas)
- Personal Injury Legal Executive/Solicitor
- Supplier Development Engineer
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer