Placement and Assessment Team for Homeless Singles Manager
We are recruiting a Placement and Assessment Team for Homeless Singles (PATHS) Manager, based in Hammersmith and Fulham.
This role will require the candidate to implement and manage the PATHS Service for all residents of the borough in such a manner as to place the Council at the forefront of best practice in its dealing with single people with housing and support needs.
Your key duties within the role will include the following:
- To manage and develop the multi-agency partnerships necessary to provide and improve the Council's response to all single people in housing need.
- To maintain and contribute to the development of initiatives designed to prevent homelessness in single people utilising suitable housing provision.
- To maximise the benefits returned by the Council's investment in temporary, supported and move-on accommodation to its Homelessness, Rough Sleeping, Street Population and Supporting People and any other relevant strategies through efficient and effective use of these resources.
- To inform strategic analysis and policy in these areas as relevant to the PATHS Service and support the development of relevant procedures.
- To co-ordinate the Placement and Assessment Service for all the borough; providing a holistic advice service for those who require it and where applicants are in housing need, ensuring appropriate assessment of support requirements are undertaken and arrangements made for their provision.
- To assist in the development of move-on solutions, facilitating good working relationships between the Council and providers.
- To manage a team of officers managing supported housing pathways, carrying out casework interventions, temporary accommodation placements and where necessary the investigation, assessment and determination of homelessness applications under Part 7 of the Housing Act 1996, and to ensure the implementation of effective operational arrangements and procedures in these areas.
- To deputise for the Business Unit Manager as necessary
- To be responsible in line with Corporate and Departmental procedures for the direct line management of staff including:
- The recruitment, induction and work allocation so as to ensure adequate levels of service and support etc.
are maintained at all times.
- The facilitating and evaluation of training and development needs.
- The operation of the council's grievance, disciplinary, appraisal, performance and sickness absence and other procedures.
- To be responsible for managing and responding to Members' enquiries and customer complaints and other correspondence within departmental, corporate and legislative timescales and procedures.
- To manage a team of officers giving housing advice to single people with support needs, identifying and promoting preventive options wherever possible, and working with supported accommodation providers to match the needs of customers to the best available provision.
- To authorise in accordance with procedure the allocation to officers of homeless cases for the full investigation, assessment and determination of homelessness applications under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996, and the provision of temporary accommodation as required.
To be considered for this role you must have the ability to lead and manage staff delivering services across a range of Disciplines.
An in depth and detailed knowledge of housing law relating, in particular to residential tenancies, homelessness and allocations and the ability to apply this knowledge to the housing assessment process.
This is a temporary contact for a 12 month period starting ASAP, Full Time Hours.
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
- An exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
- Free DBS processing
- Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for the role, please send over a copy of your CV to Jason Thomas at Service Care Solutions (Jason.
thomas @ service care.
org .uk) or feel free to call Jason on 01772 208 966.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Management Information Officer
- NHS Finance Analyst
- Substance Misuse Nurse Specialist
- Facilities Assistant (Reception)
- Residential Support Worker (Children)
- Clerk of Works
- Fostering Social Worker
- Learning Co-ordinator
- Community Nurse
- Commercial Property Paralegal
- Housing Solutions Officer Triage Preventions
- Clinical Psychologists / Psychology Assistants
- Mobile facilities attendant
- Administrative Assistant
- Seasonal Gardener
- MASH Social Worker
- Ground Maintenance Operative
- Resolution Coordinator