Product Security Engineer-RMADS-CCP-Defence
Purpose of role:
With the advance of technology and the increase of both cyber threats and social attacks.
It is crucial to Naval Ships that we ensure our products across the Maritime Sector are secure by design, achieve security accreditation and maintain secure through-life.
This role will include, liaising with stakeholders, influencing engineering design, producing documentation in support of accreditation, providing advice and guidance to shape technical solutions and supporting embedding our security culture across the business.
Key Outputs/Deliverables: Business Unit
Producing documentation such as architecture and RMADS for support of accreditation.
Collecting evidence for the security case.
Inputting security sections of bid proposal documents and producing estimates, and security principle frameworks.
Contribution to the wider product security function - delivering training, presenting at Special Interest groups, improving processes etc
- Experience of or working in product security (particularly if working with UK/NATO/International standards) would be an advantage.
- Experience of working within a large engineering programme would be an advantage.Qualifications:
- CCP qualifications or experience of competencies of practitioner level in ‘Security& Information Risk Advisor' and/or Senior IA Architect role would be an advantage.
- Crest, CISSP or CHECK would be an advantage
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Keep up to date in relevant security standards, process and technologies, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
- Support the product security special interest group by sharing best practise
Key Technical Skills
- Solid engineering experience and background
- Flexible to new challenges and skills
- Attention to detail and able to identify priority areas of focus.
- Fundamental understanding of computer technologies, how they are networked together, different protocols, operating systems and applications
- Ability to identify and investigate technology to understand the security flaws and how to mitigate them.Desirable Technical Skills
- Good knowledge and understanding security risk assessment and RMADS.
- Good Communication Skills and ability to influence stakeholders (such as an accreditor).
- Good technical understanding of systems and how their security aspects.
- Penetration testing skills
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
More Jobs from JAM Recruitment Ltd
- Tool Maker (Metal Model Making)
- CMM Inspector
- Shift Manager
- CNC Programmer
- Tooling Engineer- Injection Moulding
- Software Engineer (C++)-Requirements-Defence-Marine
- Senior Software Developer -C#-WPF-XML-Aerospace
- Software Engineer-Ada-C++Rational Rose-Defence-Security Cleared
- Integration Engineer-VMware-Infrastructure-vGPU-VNC-RDP
- Principal Engineer - Shock & Dynamics - FEA - Ceng
- Systems Test Development Engineer-PCI-VXI-Aerospace
- Electronics Design Engineer
- Process Controls Engineer
- Project Manager
- Electronics Design Engineer
- Control Systems Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Supply Chain Planner
- Quality Engineer
- Proposals Manager