Landfill Gas Technician
Are you an experienced Landfill Gas Technician looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies.
Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor.
We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Landfill Gas Technician for our team in Erin or Parkwood.
Working 45 hours per week.
Monday - Friday.
Joining our team, the Landfill Gas Technician will undertake the safe and effective monitoring and balancing of gas collection systems (GCS) in order to optimise Viridors landfill gas resource.
You will carry out other monitoring, analysis, record keeping and reporting (as necessary) on the status of gas collection systems and associated control and utilisation equipment such that process control and health is optimise.
* Undertake inspection of landfill gas management assets and raise work orders for maintenance and repairs when required.
* Ensure that all reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) is effective and accurately completed after each task.
* Adhere to operational standards, processes and procedures for the management of landfill gas at the Company's operational and closed landfill sites in the region.
* Supervise and control internal and external personnel (including contractors and agency staff) working on landfill gas management assets.
* Ensure that housekeeping at all landfill gas management assets is maintained at expected levels.
The ideal Landfill Gas Technician:
* Understand the operation and basic maintenance of landfill gas power generation and control equipment
* Good general level of education coupled with relevant practical experience in an associated discipline
* Experience of working in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions
* Self-motivated with the ability to work to deadlines and constantly juggle priorities
* Tactful, strong and resilient in demanding situations
* Ideally, a proven track record of the successful compliance management and optimisation of leachate collection, treatment, disposal and control
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Landfill Gas Technician, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, optional healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory.
We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Project Team Leader
- Customer Liaison Manager
- Accounts Payable Team Leader
- Finance Manager - Automotive
- Credit Controller
- Service Manager
- Divisional Health, Safety and Environment Manager
- Business Development Executive
- Risk Manager
- Java Developer
- Marketing Manager
- Relief Plant Operative
- Catchment Operator : Pumping Stations
- Graduate Analyst
- Regional Landfill Operations Manager
- Sales Executive
- Service Advisor
- Facilities Coordinator