Buyer - Packaging
- You will be part of one of the UKs market leaders within the packaging industry.
- Our client has a well established and diverse customer base ranging from SME ventures through to PLCs
- Customer focused culture with local support
- Exciting opportunity to join a progressive company, which is poised for significant growth
- Our client has an open door policy and open culture policy
- Agile and flexible in meeting the needs of customer business models
- Our client has a strong customer focus and support network
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with maintaining strong relationships with new and existing suppliers to develop robust and efficient supply chains
- Issue Purchase Orders for suppliers.
Provides documentation on custom materials to suppliers
- Resolve differences with regard to supplier costs, quality, deliveries and payments
- Ensure Purchase Order delivery dates are up to date at all times and reports any issues to the Operations team
- Review SAP daily in regard to Material Lists, Traffic Lights expedite/deferrals
- Reviews Past Stock Transfer Order and Purchase Order lines and ensure On Time delivery through effective order management
- Validates Supplier invoices
- Review SAP and update Master Data
- Monitor Supplier Delivery and Quality Performance.
- Working with Engineering and Operations teams to arrange timely supply of approved materials at cost effective prices whilst maintaining quality and delivery requirements.
- Provide assistance in negotiating supply contracts and in drafting terms and conditions for suppliers
- Support the Purchasing Manager in maintaining strong relationships with new and existing suppliers to develop robust and efficient supply chains
- Key to the success in the role is the maintenance and operation of the company’s ERP system.
- Process delivery discrepancies and Vendor Rejects and raise Supplier corrective Action Request
The Ideal Person:
- Experience or involvement with MRP11/ERP/ Advanced Planning Systems (SAP Preferred)
- Three years’ experience of buying raw materials within a manufacturing fast paced environment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software;
- Broad end to end supply chain and operations process knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with suppliers, customers and colleagues in all functions (Sales, Finance, Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Warehousing and Production)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience of dealing with international suppliers.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously within set timeframes.
- Must have the availability to travel occasionally as required.
Consultant: Marc Gibbs
0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector.
We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
More Jobs from On Target Recruitment Ltd
- ASM- Waterproofing & Concrete
- Specification Key account Manager - Lighting
- Specification Sales Manager - Building
- Regional Sales Manager - Coding and Marking
- Contractor Sales Manager-Domestic Ventilation
- UK Sales Manager - Surveying Software
- Business Development Manager
- Surveying Sales Executive
- Area Sales Manager - Valves and Fittings
- HR Generalist - Engineering
- Assistant Branch Manager - 9 month fixed contract
- Internal Technical Sales Engineer
- Regional Head of Customer Engagement
- Area Sales Manager - Landscaping
- Industrial Refrigeration Engineer
- Refrigeration Engineer
- Marketing Manager - Surgical
- Operations and Estimator Assistant
- Area Sales Manager/Field Sales Rep/Regional Sales
- Contracts Designer