Electrical Design Engineer Reference: E106222
Working for this leading global specialist manufacturing business as Electrical Design Engineer you are responsible for the design of control and drive systems complying
With the specification requirement, preparing electrical drawings of the control and drive systems, development, testing and verification of PLC controller programmes against the specification requirement.
Design & Development
- Undertake the conceptual development of the electrical control and drive systems and promote ideas within the bounds of the specification.
- Review the systems design and specify the most appropriate control and drive equipment.
- Develop and engineer the system in accordance with the agreed framework and modules of the requirement.
- Produce electrical schematic diagrams, equipment layouts, BOM and cables schedules using approved methods and agreed CAD system.
Ensure the produced technical documentation complies with national and, where appropriate, international standards.
- Develop, install and test PLC controller programs and control and drive systems in the most efficient and effective manner.
Demonstration & Test
- Test control and drive systems against the functional specifications and document results and noncompliance actions.
- Demonstrate verification and compliance following modifications of the electrical design and PLC programs.
- Assist the development of system design procedures and standardised ways of operating.
- Prepare systems for demonstration, authorisation & approval both internally via the Project Manager and by the Customer.
Maintenance & Backup
- Maintain all design files in good order and ensure the data is securely backed up along with all associated documentation.
- Assist developing and maintain company Electrical, Electronic & Software standards.
- Provide the required level of post contract support to the Client in relation to post design support.
- Implement electrical design & PLC software changes control procedures.
Value Engineering & Budget Control
- Manage design & development within the budget and the programme parameters of the contract.
- Instigate value engineered and innovative electronic design solutions.
Salary negotiable depending on experience, the role benefits from free parking away from the city centre and an early finish on a Friday.
To apply for the role of Electrical Design Engineer Lead please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours.
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- CSCS Labourer
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Domestic Gas Engineer
- Street Works Supervisor
- Street work Operative
- Lift Authorised Person/Rigger
- Semi-skilled Sheet Metal Fabricator / Bandsaw Machine Operator
- Steel Erectors
- Groundworkers x4
- Groundworkers x4
- Site Services Supervisor
- Panel Wirer / Trainee Machine Wirer / Electrical Fitter
- On-Site Technician
- Commodity Buyer
- Shift Leader