Mechanical Design Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a market leading, global organisation who are dedicated to the design and manufacture of innovative products for specialist industries.
Our client has been established for many years and has gained a world-wide reputation for the delivery of precision engineered, high end quality products and technical excellence.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be joining an existing team based at their site in Stoke on Trent.
Our client operates globally and offers their employees fantastic benefits such as 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Pension, Death in Service and an early finish on a Friday.
This role is commutable from Stoke on Trent, Newcastle under Lyme, Uttoxeter, Crewe, Stone, Stafford, Sandbach
- As the Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for producing mainly 3D bespoke designs using Autodesk Inventor however will also be involved with 2D AutoCAD
- You will have the opportunity to be involved with a high value long-term specialist project where you will be working to stringent deadlines
- As the Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be producing engineering drawings for manufacture and assembly
- Responsible for FEA strength calculations
- As the Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be producing technical specification documents as required
- Providing mechanical engineering support to other teams within the business
- Working closely with other Mechanical Design Engineers
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar is highly preferred
- Previous experience working as a Mechanical Design Engineer is essential
- Previous experience producing drawings using Autodesk Inventor is highly preferred
- Previous experience using AutoCAD is essential
- Must have strong numeracy skills
- Previous experience within strength/ stress analysis with FEA.
- Delcam experience would be highly preferred
- Ideally a background in pumps, water, valves, flow control, control systems or a similar industry is essential
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work well alone as well as part of a team
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8.15am - 4.45pm, Friday - 8am-1.30pm
Salary: £25,000 to £40,000 DOE
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design Engineer
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.
More Jobs from Brampton Recruitment Ltd
- Maintenance Fitter
- Part-time Customer Service Administrator
- Stores Team Leader
- VBA Programmer
- Recruitment Consultant
- New Business Sales Executive
- Finance Admin Assistant
- Architectural Technician
- Production Deputy Supervisor
- Maintenance Technician
- Production Supervisor
- Production Planner
- Benelux Sales Executive Dutch, Flemish and French
- Account handler (credit control)
- QHSE Manager
- Product Manager
- Sales Administrator 12-month – FTC