Production Controller (Customer Flow Specialist)
Permanent - Up to £40,000
A market leading, FTSE 250 engineering outfit are actively searching for a Production Controller to join its thriving and busy Sales Engineering department.
Due to an internal promotion, the company are seeking to speak with candidates who have experience of assisting supply chain and planning departments.
This position will be the link between the shop floor, contracts and shipping teams, making sure that the business successfully hit their customer delivery targets.
You will utilise your knowledge to improve the shop floor and value streams, whilst using lean methodologies to look at the full value stream from order to dispatch.
Essentially, you will be moulding all those aspects together.
The objectives of this position are to work in progress and finished goods, asses the targets around those and improve them.
You will also improve factory efficiency and the cost of production.
- Daily OTD and backlog animation
- First point of contact for customer shortage / expedite requests
- Lead the S&OP process and executes the product life cycle changes.
- Leads the Master Production Schedule process by analysing needs and proposing necessary resource adjustments.
- Dimension internal and external resources required to achieve OTD target and ensure customer satisfaction
- Leadership of scheduling (production planning/launching/scheduling)
- Defining and continually improving downstream supply-chain parameters (stocking/manufacturing policies, lead-time, order quantity)
- Lead and keep current the plant Value Stream Map
- Lead the deployment of Making Materials Flow concepts (pull lineside replenishment, supermarkets, Kanban)
- Implement visual queue management planning techniques (infinite capacity planning) and build capacity flex plan with Production
- Degree or Higher - Manufacturing Engineering / Operations Management
- Lean - Equivalent to certified Greenbelt.
- 6-Sigma Greenbelt trained desirable
- Have previous experience in a similar position.
- Significant experience and in-depth knowledge of ERP systems.
- Good level of competence with Microsoft Office products.
- Familiar with Microsoft Dynamics AX / 365
- APICS certified
For more information, please click apply! Alternatively, please contact Aarron on 02392 314 683 or send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Production Controller, Planner, Customer, Specialist, Flow, Factory, KanBan, 6-Sigma, Lean, ERP, MRP, Value Stream, Stocking, Manufacturing
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Architectural Technician
- PR and Digital Engagement Co-ordinator
- General Radiographer - MRI Training Opportunity
- Validation Engineer
- Radiology Services Manager
- Laboratory Supervisor
- Technical Trainer
- Specialist Nurse - Breast Care
- Senior Data Analyst RQ370049
- Occupational Health Technician - York
- Senior Software Engineer
- Senior Quality R&D Engineer
- Power BI Developer - 6426610975180
- Installation Fitter
- Practice Based Educator - Nursing
- Quality Control Assistant
- Senior QA Specialist - External Quality
- Customer Service Operative
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager