Permanent - Up to £34,000
A market leading, FTSE 250 engineering outfit are actively searching for Materials Controller to join its thriving and busy Sales Engineering department.
Due to shift in resources, the company are seeking to speak with candidates who have experience of assisting supply chain and planning departments.
This position will assist the Materials Team Leader, using the planning systems in order to deliver product to promise and optimise component inventory levels consistent with delivering to plan.
You will provide constant visibility for the Materials procurement and production teams to ensure executed plans run smoothly.
The objectives of this position are to ensure that customer requirement orders are fulfilled and remain consistent throughout the business.
- Ensure daily material availability within Rotork Inventory Optimisation guidelines and inventory right-sizing plan
- Placing orders to ERP suggestions - PR to PO conversion
- Proactive expediting against forward PO orderbook.
- Reactive expediting to customer & production shortages
- Cleanliness and housekeeping of purchase orderbook.
- Execution of PO placing in line with system parameters
- Correction of system parameters with Upstream Specialist
- Assist the team with feedback on material availability
- Ensure that material from suppliers overseas is correctly tracked for on-time delivery into factory.
- Assist in the introduction of new parts through Engineering Change
- Liaise with Quality and Engineering Departments with regard to non-conforming material and engineering issues raised by suppliers.
- Commercial experience in a Purchasing or Production Planning within a manufacturing facility.
- Good knowledge of ERP systems.
- Inventory management skills.
- Good understanding of best practice purchasing and planning systems and processes.
- Some background in purchasing assemblies from overseas suppliers preferred.
- IT literate, able to implement solutions that use IT to improve efficiency and be able to support new system introduction
For more information, please click apply!
Alternatively, please contact Aarron on 02392 314 683 or send an up to date CV to email@example.com
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Architectural Technician
- PR and Digital Engagement Co-ordinator
- General Radiographer - MRI Training Opportunity
- Validation Engineer
- Radiology Services Manager
- Laboratory Supervisor
- Technical Trainer
- Specialist Nurse - Breast Care
- Senior Data Analyst RQ370049
- Occupational Health Technician - York
- Senior Software Engineer
- Senior Quality R&D Engineer
- Power BI Developer - 6426610975180
- Installation Fitter
- Practice Based Educator - Nursing
- Quality Control Assistant
- Senior QA Specialist - External Quality
- Customer Service Operative
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager