Consultant Emergency Medicine - Northern Ireland
Multi award-winning healthcare recruiter ID Medical is seeking a doctor to work in Emergency Medicine Consultant placement at leading NHS trusts in Northern Ireland.
This role will provide a vital gateway to progress your career.
The working environment delivers a fast-paced, progressive and rewarding experience.
The atmosphere is an open and warm outlook with aims to improve learning.
- Resuscitation of critically ill or traumatised patients
- The assessment, treatment and diagnosis of patients presenting to the emergency department
- Multidisciplinary teamwork and co-operation with other specialties or teams to provide continuing management.
- Resuscitation and assessment of paediatric cases
- Emergency planning and major incident planning
- Clinical supervision of junior medical staff
- Teaching and training of emergency medicine trainees
- Teaching of emergency nurse practitioners, paramedics and other extended team members
- Participation in Audit and Research
- Participation in service development and management of the department
- Commitment to improving the quality of care and implementing CEM standards and trust guidelines.
- Clinical and professional responsibility for patients.
- Keep patients (and their carers if appropriate) informed about their condition.
- Involve patients (and their carers if appropriate) in decision making about their treatment.
- To maintain professional standards and obligations as set out by the General Medical Council and comply in particular with the GMC's guidance on Good Medical Practice as amended or substituted from time to time.
- Carry out work related to and reasonably incidental to the duties set out in your job plan or rota including keeping of records and the provision of reports, the proper delegation of tasks and maintaining of skills and knowledge.
All applicants must have experience working in UK hospitals and must be GMC registered.
The key benefits of working with ID Medical:
- ID Medical School with CPD - accredited education programmes for medical professionals
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- UK's leading Revalidation service for doctors, attested “Excellent” by NHS England
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum.
ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations.
If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Applicants will be required to register with us.
Please visit ID Medical for more opportunities to grow your career.
Follow us on twitter and Facebook.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams.
Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
More Jobs from ID Medical
- International GP Programme for EEA in Middlesbrough
- International GP Programme for EEA in New Castle
- International GP Programme for EEA in Durham
- International GP Programme for EEA in Northumberland
- Consultant Medical Oncology – Oxford
- Permanent Neurology Consultant – Cumbria
- Consultant Emergency Medicine – Lancashire
- Senior Clinical Fellow Emergency Medicine
- Locum SPR Anaesthetics – Northern Ireland
- Locum SPR General Surgery – Northern Ireland
- Locum SPR Geriatric Medicine in Northern Ireland
- Consultant Respiratory Medicine in Northern Ireland
- Consultant in Diabetes & Endocrinology for Northern Ireland
- Permanent Histopathology & Cytopathology Consultant
- Permanent Consultant Geriatrician Acute Care at Home Service
- Consultant Paediatricians in Northern Ireland
- Permanent Consultant Clinical Oncology – Kent
- Consultant Radiology in Northern Ireland
- Decontamination Technician Band 2 in Suffolk
- Endoscopy Nurse Band 5 in Suffolk