Lead Android Developer
LEAD ANDROID DEVELOPER - PERMANENT - Circa £90,000 + EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS PACKAGE
LOCATION: HOME BASED or WOKING
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Android Developer to join this world leading innovator of Renewable Energy of Power Systems and Smart Low Power Appliances.
To be successful in the role you will have a proven background in Android Development and have a deep understanding of OS fundamentals
This is a very unique opportunity work for a company that are genuinely make a huge impact on the lives of people in less developed countries in Africa.
The company have a massive software stack, growing every day.
As a vertically integrated company their systems cover IoT orchestration, payments, customer/loan account management, sales force management, inventory tracking, and many other functions.
They operate across 3 markets and expect to grow to many more over the coming years.
This complexity creates many interesting challenges for their software Engineering team.
In addition to the distribution of pay-as-you-go home solar systems.
There are now three areas where they have increased their focus on Android development.
Selling Android phones as a pay-as-you-go acquisition products for new customers
Providing value-added services to our customers via Android apps (e.g.
allowing customers to check their loan balances, access customer service, etc.)
Providing enabling services to their salesforce and support staff via Android apps.
All three of these areas will be central to the company's evolution over the next 5 years.
- Significant experience with Android development, and a track record of shipping stable application features to large groups of customers.
Advanced knowledge of Java and/or Kotlin
- Proven experience working with Android development and/or OS developer
- Experience of leading engineering team/processes
- Deep understanding of operating system fundamentals, and a solid grasp of how Android works “under the hood”
- Experience working in agile software teams, and collaboratively delivering ambitious projects.
- Recent involvement in production software development, and a desire to stay very close to the action (e.g.
you will definitely be doing code review, and you may be writing code yourself)
- Experience with hardware-based security, bootloader setup, root-protection, etc would be an asset.
- Experience with C++ and low-level programming would be an asset.
- Experience working with C# (e.g.
Xamarin) would be an asset (Our PoC app was written in Xamarin.
Most future development will be in Java and/or Kotlin.)
- 25 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays), up to 20% bonus and healthcare.
- This is a socially conscious company that looks after its staff as well as its customers.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Software Test Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Programme Engineering Manager - IT Services
- Engineering Manager - Platform Integration
- Technical Manager - Platform Integration
- Senior System Designer - New Business
- Technical Manager - Systems Architecture
- Technical Manager - Communications
- QA Specialist
- Part Time Consultant Psychiatrist
- Consultant Psychiatrist
- Screening Doctor - Clinical Trials
- Executive Assistant
- Manufacturing Support Engineer
- Electrical Test Engineer
- Product Suppot Specialist
- Environmental Trainer (Maritime)
- Electrical Trainer (Maritime)
- Technical Superintendent - (Tanker/LNG) - Germany
- General Manager - (Fleet Management) - Germany