Clerk of Works London
Clerk of Works Reports To: Director Qualifications: A member of the Institute of Clerk of Works or equivalent
Job Purpose: To represent the interests of the client with regards to ensuring that the quality of both materials and workmanship are in accordance with the design information such as specification, drawings and quality standards.
To ensure that inspections are performed in a manner that confirms the reported results.
- Study the contract drawings and schedules, and information produced by consultants and specialists
- Study the programme for issue of further information
- Study bills of quantities and/or specifications
- Study the Health and Safety Plan for the project
- Study relevant British Standards and Approved Codes of Conduct
- Establish lines of communication with the project Employer's Agent, Quantity Surveyor, architect, the contractor's site supervisory/project manager
- Clarify with the Employer's Agent the standards to be met under the contract
- If requested, advise on materials, construction details, samples etc.
- Assemble and record documents supplied for use on site and clarify how they are expected to be used
- Be able to record findings via report style method
- Planning & Organising - good planning; able to handle multiple activities at one time.
- Uses time effectively and efficiently, shifts priorities as needed.
- Customer Focus - dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships and gains customers trust and respect.
- Team Working - creates a climate in which people want to do their best; ability to motivate and empower others; will invite input from each person and share ownership and visibility; makes everyone feel their work is valued.
- Attention to Detail - diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
Checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Uses rigorous, logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Judgement - makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom and experience.
- Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Functional/Technical Learning - has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job to a high level of accomplishment; makes effort to keep up to date in the field and makes time to acquire new knowledge.
- Honest Assessment - Provide an honest assessment of workload, resource issues and any potential problems that could arise from decisions made.
Personal & Interpersonal Skills:
- Effective Communication - relates well to a diverse range of people inside and outside the organisation.
- Builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact always.
- Remains calm and confident in difficult situations.
- Negotiating: can negotiate skilfully in tough situations; can settle differences with minimum impact and without damaging relationships; can be direct but diplomatic and gains trust of other parties to the negotiations.
- Drive & Enthusiasm - enjoys working hard; is proactive and full of energy for the things they see as challenging.
- Drive for Results - can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; able to perform duties constantly and consistently at a high level; perseveres and works through barriers.
Experience: At least 10 years practical construction related experience in monitoring works on site.
More Jobs from Cavendish Professionals
- Healthcare Assistant
- Registered Nurses - Rehabilitation in Patients' Own Homes
- Murex Integration consultant
- Avaloq Developer
- Calypso Technical Analyst
- Murex Accounting BA
- Painter & Decorators
- ADT Driver
- 360 Operator
- 360 Operator
- SAP MM / SD Consultant
- SAP EWM Consultant
- SAP EWM Consultant
- SAP SCM Consultant
- Chartered Building Surveyor
- Senior Commercial Management and Dispute Resolution Consultant
- Associate Director - Cost Planning
- Shuttering Carpenters
- Oncology Nurse for Homecare