Private client executive
We have been approached by an Edinburgh based Investment Management Company looking for a Private Client Executive to join their rapidly expanding team.
As a motivated and hard-working individual, you will work closely with the lead Investment managers to build positive and productive relationships with new and existing clients.
This role is a great opportunity if you want to develop your experience and gain a lot more private client contact, with the opportunity on working towards becoming an investment manager, gradually you'll be expected to take over responsibility for managing client relationships and client suitability.
- Work closely with the Business Development Team and an investment manager to understand & develop prospective client opportunities
- With support from a PCM, engage & understand all clients financial needs, attitude to risk, personal circumstances (including their tax situation) & current investments to propose suitable solutions & strategies to help meet their objectives
- The above involves reviewing existing investment portfolios, and producing a detailed written review & proposal based on the company's Private Client Proposition and presenting this with support to the client face to face with the aim of converting the lead to a client
- Continually engagement with existing clients of the company, deepening & developing the relationship
- Providing ongoing support & administration to existing clients through the Client Service team
- Regularly reviewing existing clients circumstances to ensure that suitability is maintained
- Maintaining adequate records of all ongoing & pertinent communications with clients
- Continually engaging with existing clients of the company, deepening & developing their relationship
- Conducting regular reviews with the client & highlighting any changes, to include reviews of suitability of investments & changes in circumstances
- Highlighting wider wealth management opportunities
- Support all members of the Client Relationship team with managing clients by supporting proposal writing, portfolio analysis, ongoing suitability requirements & other tasks such as ongoing client fact finding
- Adhere to PC processes and procedures at all times
- Represent the company both internally and externally
- Other responsibilities and duties as are reasonably required by the company & the relevant line manager
- Subscribe to the company's Mission and Tenets
- Relationship building skills in order to rapidly establish a high level of trust with clients, both in terms of professional & personal competence and trustworthiness
- Questioning and listening skills which are focused & empathetic in order to understand fully & sense-check the prospective & existing clients' true understanding, views and feelings
- Verbal & presentation skills in order to clearly & passionately communicate the appropriate company proposition & information to prospective & existing clients, both in one to one, small and large group situations
- Written skills in order to clearly, concisely & convincingly present propositions & relevant information to clients in order to support discussions & agreements made with them
- Assertiveness & tenacity in order to pin down & drive through the specific actions which prospective clients must take in order to become fully signed up with the company, including full transfer of client assets to the company, and onto developing and maximising the growth in business from existing clients
- Planning & time management skills to effectively allocate the time & resources to gain commitment from prospective clients, as well as to manage & develop business from existing clients
- Resilience in order to manage conflicting priorities & demands, ambiguity, high work load, rejection & other sources of pressure
- Accuracy, thoroughness & attention to detail in order to maintain the highest levels of service to the company's clients
- Team working combined with individual initiative, creativity & self-sufficiency in order to remain effective in the face of rapid change alongside a lean & efficient management & resource structure
- Personal development focus, taking responsibility for driving both personal & professional development in order to maximise effectiveness in this demanding role, & to grow with the role, and beyond
- Commitment to development & growth in the role, broadening skill set, product authorisation & enabling the wider company Wealth management proposition to be delivered in an effective manner
- Commercial awareness in order to identify appropriate targets, & to profile prospects of the company appropriately
- Strong awareness of, & passion for, financial markets & the UK wealth management landscape
- PCEs should have a high degree of private client wealth & investment management knowledge, including portfolio construction, financial planning asset allocation, UK & overseas investment markets, performance measurement & regulatory responsibilities
- Awareness of the changing trends within our industry
- An appreciation of the opportunity & challenges of working with internal financial planners
- The successful candidate should be CF30, & ideally hold the CISI PCIAM paper or equivalent
- Hold, or be eligible to apply for a Statement of Professional Standing
- Level 6 or IAD qualification
- Financial planning/wider wealth management knowledge desirable, but not essential initially
Job reference: BH12101
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users.
For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- CLIENT REPORTING ADMINISTRATOR
- Risk & Compliance
- Part-Qualified Investment Manager
- Account Manager - Protection
- Client reporting Administrator
- CASS Oversight Administrator
- Global Media Manager
- INVESTMENT RISK OVERSIGHT ANALYST - LONDON
- SENIOR COMPLIANCE ASSURANCE CONSULTANT
- Mandate Compliance Analyst
- FINANCE TAX MANAGER
- PROCUREMENT MANAGER
- Client administrator
- Private client assistant
- Head of Operational Regulatory Reporting
- Client Reporting Analyst
- Oversight Analyst
- Customer Engagement Marketing Manager
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT ANALYST
- Regulatory Compliance Manager.