Financial Reporting Accountant
Core-Asset Consulting's Client a global financial services firm is looking for a Financial Reporting Accountant to join the business during a busy period.
If you have of statutory reporting, ideally within financial services, this may be the role for you.
This is an initial 6 to 12-month contract based in Edinburgh and can pay either a day rate or salary, dependent on preference.
- Capable of using of a variety of diagnostic techniques to understand a situation/issue/problem by breaking it down and tracing the root cause/underlying implications in a methodical step-by-step way.
- Checking and reporting principles and approaches to measure, assure and monitor systems, products, services and internal activities for the purpose of identifying risk.
- Clearly and effectively communicates information, ideas, plans, requests and opinions to internal and external stakeholders through a range of channels including written and oral.
Ensures alignment with communication guidelines and policies
- Identify, assess, control and monitor risks.
Make the right things happen first time, identify when things have not gone right and understand why, and recover the position.
- Assisting in the optimisation of business activities and transformation activities as part of continuous change programmes.
- Effective application of techniques to collect information and process it to facilitate and support key business processes and decisions
- Good knowledge and experience of working in a financial reporting environment
- Strong analytical skills & attention to detail
- Good communicator with the ability to build excellent working relationships
- Strong track record of academic and career achievement
- Good Excel and report writing skills
- Recognised accountancy qualification
- Preparing IFRS group submissions for specified subsidiary companies, ensuring compliance with Group requirements.
- Prepare annual statutory accounts for a range of subsidiary entities.
- Develop an understanding of the detailed accounting for the transactions recorded in the ledgers.
- Ensuring all accounting data is prepared and reported in accordance with relevant reporting standards and business reporting requirements.
- Providing input into the development of financial reporting processes to ensure the production of the required financial reports in as efficient a manner as possible.
- Undertake project work to support the development of robust and effective financial reporting and investment accounting data.
- Investigation and resolution of queries from the wider finance team
- Provide ad hoc support for the wider finance team processes (e.g.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of IFRS accounting standards, regulatory reporting standards and industry practice in order to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
Job reference: 12100
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users.
For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- Risk & Compliance
- Part-Qualified Investment Manager
- Account Manager - Protection
- Client reporting Administrator
- CASS Oversight Administrator
- Global Media Manager
- INVESTMENT RISK OVERSIGHT ANALYST - LONDON
- SENIOR COMPLIANCE ASSURANCE CONSULTANT
- Mandate Compliance Analyst
- FINANCE TAX MANAGER
- PROCUREMENT MANAGER
- Client administrator
- Private client assistant
- Head of Operational Regulatory Reporting
- Client Reporting Analyst
- Oversight Analyst
- Customer Engagement Marketing Manager
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT ANALYST
- Regulatory Compliance Manager.