Duty Manager ( Markets)
Duty Supervisor - Belfast
We are currently recruiting a Duty Manager to work within the local market for the council.
Your role will be to assist the Duty Manager and act as a team leader for front line staff and manage the markets.
You will also be contributing to the operational management of the other council properties and facilities for which the place and economy department is responsible, as and when required.
Your main duties will be to
1. To ensure high standards of service delivery through the effective and efficient management of all day-to-day operational matters at the market venues to ensure that all market activities run smoothly.
Market activities include events, exhibitions, fairs, shows, conferences, retail activities (shops, restaurant) etc.
as well as traditional and specialist markets.
2. To supervise, motivate and manage all staff within the post holder's sphere of responsibility including allocating duties, maintaining records and submission of payroll data, in line with the council's procedures and policies, including, absence management, disciplinary and grievance procedures.
3. To assist in the management of outsourced contracts in relation to the Markets Unit.
4. To assist in the management of an effective system of performance management for the markets.
5. To ensure that all markets income is collected on time and that income is managed in line with the council's policies, financial regulations and standing orders.
Such income will include rents, stallages and licence fees.
6. To undertake responsibility for the management and security of the land and buildings, plant and machinery ensuring the safety of tenants, staff, occupiers and the public, including arranging fire drills, management of the CCTV systems, maintenance of plant and machinery and other relevant duties.
The post holder will also be required to act as key holder for the premises.
7. To check that all relevant insurance cover is maintained valid and adequate by market tenants and traders.
8. To assist development and implementation of a customer relationship management system and customer care programme for all markets operated by the Council working with both traders, public and wider stakeholders.
9. To liaise with promoters, retailers, traders, exhibitors, customers and the public to ensure the smooth, effective, efficient and economic management of all market venues.
18. To manage the lettings of vacant units within the markets, in conjunction with the Estates Management Unit and to ensure proper completion of tenancy
When applying for the role it is essential you
, have a relevant third level qualification such as Business Studies, Management, Facilities Management or equivalent qualification and be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year's relevant experience in each of the following three areas:
, be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least two years' relevant experience in each of the following three areas:
a) managing and motivating staff, i.e.
direct reports, in accordance with the principles of performance management and personal development;
b) managing health and safety issues in a facility to ensure safety of staff, tenants and members of the public; and
c) managing events, exhibitions, fairs, shows or conferences.
This is a full time role at 37 hours per week.
On a rota 9 am to 5:30 pm.
If you wish to apply please send a copy of you CV over to Keira Timothy-Smith at Service Care Solutions , Keira.firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to call Keira on 01772 208967
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- NHS Administration Officer
- Clinical Lead Nurse
- Leisure Attendant
- Registered Nurse
- HR/Recruitment Manager
- Animal Warden
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Approved Mental Health Professional
- Heating Engineer
- Care Manager
- Admin - MASH (Childrens)
- Approved Mental Health Practitioner
- Ground worker
- Gas plumber