C194 - Paid Internship in China - Editor & Marketing & Business Development
We are a boutique, UK-owned media and design company, and our base in Qingdao focuses on the publishing of a city magazine (as well as an annual education guide).
Our magazine is a 12,000 circulation, 64-page English-language magazine that finds and delivers the best of Qingdao to our Chinese and international readers.
As part of the team, you will have a large amount of responsibility from day one, and in many cases, you may be the only person working on a task.
In practice, this means that you will have considerable independence in your work; and that your opinions will always be listened to.
We are a very creative and dynamic company.
Our hours are flexible, and our work is done to a high standard, and is very enjoyable.
We find interesting places and work with a huge variety of interesting people, in constantly-changing China.
If you’re enthusiastic and dedicated and want responsibility, creativity and space to grow, then this job is for you!
We are excited to announce our new start-up office, in the city of Hangzhou, (pop.
10 million, located less than an hour’s high-speed train journey from Shanghai).
We will begin with the launch of a pilot issue of our magazine, for which we are looking for creative, entrepreneurial people to help with editorial; design; photography and events.
In addition to creating and publishing an English-language magazine, we work with international clients on a range of creative services – from brochure design to web and other digital platforms.
We require 1-3 interns who can hit the ground running in Hangzhou, helping to establish our brand.
The descriptions presented below are just ideas of what you can do at the company, you can be involved in each job and learn from it.
Successful applicants would receive initial training at our office in Qingdao before re-locating to Hangzhou.
- Join editorial meetings
- Liaise with Qingdao & UK-based team
- Contribute & brainstorm ideas for
- Help organize events and activities
- Other tasks arranged by the managing editor
- Cooperate with the editors
- Take pictures/videos for magazine articles
- Take pictures/videos for the events and activities
- Graphic Design
- Assist designer with crafting the magazine design and layout each month
- Design posters for our events and activities
- Design posters/banners for our WeChat posts
- Other graphic requirements from the editorial team
- Social Media & Website
- Help update the website with new content from the magazine
- Update the company social media accounts such as WeChat, Facebook, Twitter & YouTube
- Event Management
- Help nightlife manager brainstorm ideas for events and organize with bars and venues
- Carry out an event review and continuously improve
- Effective communication and cooperative skills with the team to work efficiently and responsibly
- Fluent English, and although Chinese ability is not essential, this would be a huge advantage
- Someone who is willing to explore a new city, network and bring creative ideas to the table
- Basic HTML experience and some design experience with Adobe In-Design or Photoshop
- Photography skills
- Intern should bring their own laptop with them
More Jobs from MTA Network
- T103 - Part Time Teacher – Training Center
- T102 - English/ Art/ PE/ Science Teachers
- T101 – English Teacher/Tutor
- T100 - International English Teacher
- C183 - Paid Internship in China - Overseas Sales
- C230 - Paid Internship in China - Photo and Video Editor
- C229 - Paid Internship in China - Social Media Specialist
- C228 - Paid Internship in China - Sales & Marketing
- C227 - Paid Internship in China - Style & Design
- C226 - Paid Internship in China - Business Developer
- C225 - Paid Internship in China - Digital Marketing
- C224 - Paid Internship in China - Sales
- C223 - Paid Internship in China - International Marketing
- C222 - Paid Internship in China - Online Marketing & Sales
- C221 - Paid Internship in China - Web Designer
- C220 - Paid Internship in China - Marketing & Sales
- C219 - Paid Internship in China - Overseas Human Resources
- C218 - Paid Internship in China - International Sales
- C216 - Paid Internship in China - Sales Assistant
- C215 - Paid Internship in China - Front Office Management