Are you an experienced Project Engineer looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies.
Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor.
We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Project Engineer to join our team in Rochester.
Project Engineer Role:
Joining our team as a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for providing project management and delivery assurance to the business enabling it to meet its operational and long-term objectives.
Your responsibilities will also include:
* Ensuring that projects are delivered according to best practice project management techniques and standards appropriate to the scale and type of projects and delivered to the identified business benefits
* Ensuring projects are delivered in accordance with all technical, health, safety, environmental, quality and security requirements and that they comply with legislative, statutory financial and company requirements.
Our ideal Project Engineer will have:
* Up to date evidence of effective project management and effective portfolio management
* Strong commercial knowledge of project procurement, NEC3 and IChemE forms of contracting
* Good understanding of Design, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and handover to Operations process, including applicable legislation
* Understanding of UK contractor market
* Sound working knowledge of CDM regulations
* Knowledge of the waste management industry, Contract procurement, environmental legislation, H&S legislation and planning regulations
* Track record of delivery of projects to cost, quality and time parameters in waste management or related engineering field
* Proven experience of translating business analysis, requirements definition and business case production into practical implementation
* Proven experience of construction, commissioning and operational handover
* Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification or demonstrable experience applicable to the role
* Qualified to first degree level, or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
* Full driving license
Rewards and Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Project Engineer, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including company car, pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply to be considered for this role.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory.
We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Finance Transactions Administrator
- Service Advisor - Automotive
- Finance Assistant
- Parts Advisor- Automotive
- Credit Controller
- Maintenance Manager
- Office Manager : Part Time
- Welder / Fabricator
- Operations Manager - Aquacare
- Vehicle Technician / Mechanic
- Workshop Controller
- Tyre Fitter
- Resources and Production Site Manager
- Service Technician
- Area Finance Manager
- External Account Manager
- Service Advisor - Automotive
- Sales Engineer
- Junior Sales Engineer
- Field Service Engineer