A specialist and well-established business in the Stoke area require a Maintenance Engineer to support in the manufacturing for the construction industry.
As a large company in a niche market, the Maintenance Engineer will be hands on with helping to improve the company's manufacturing capability.
With an excellent working pattern, a friendly and busy team and on the job training this is an opportunity not to be missed.
The Maintenance Engineer will enjoy a varied role involving the planned maintenance of equipment and machinery, care and storage of setting tools and full breakdown maintenance.
The role also involves daily cutter maintenance and tool grinding for day to day production.
- Planned and reactive maintenance of machinery
- Building maintenance
- Engineering improvement projects
- Maintenance of tooling - daily regrinding of cutters
- Optimisation of production machinery
- Provide motivation and support to production staff regarding tooling and machine set-ups, when required.
- Attend morning production meetings to assist in prioritising engineering activity.
- Liaise with contractors & suppliers to ensure engineering work, projects, breakdowns, tooling issues are completed / supplied to the required standard & timescale
- Constantly seek out ways to improve production processes & tooling in order to improve output, reliability, quality & safety
- Ensure all expenditure is to agreed budgets and prices and liaise with purchasing
The Maintenance Engineer role will suit an individual who ho has experience of machinery maintenance and is looking for variety within day to day tasks.
- Engineering Maintenance Level 3 or equivalent and qualified to carry out fitting, wiring and testing equipment/circuits, maintaining electrical, mechanical and fluid power equipment.
- Three years prior experience in a similar position for a similar industry
- Good engineering practical and technical skills
- Communication skills
- Understanding of engineering drawings
- The ability to manage a varied workload
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Computer literate - able to use Microsoft Word and Excel to basic standard for the purposes of record keeping
- Awareness of health and safety legislation
Must have current full driving license.
Hours: 8:00am - 4.45pm Mon-Friday
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.
More Jobs from Brampton Recruitment Ltd
- IT Analyst
- Product Development Technician
- European Business Development Manager
- Sales Administrator
- Sales Coordinator
- After Sales Co-ordinator
- Recruitment Consultant
- Procurement, Finance and Administration Co-Ordinator
- Accounts Supervisor
- Architectural Technologist
- Part II Architectural Assistant
- Charity Manager
- Commercial Property Coordinator
- Customer Service Coordinator
- Quality Controller
- Operations Assistant
- Sales Administrator
- Customer Service Advisor
- Genetics Office Manager