Support Specialists: Digital Streaming - London
My clients in London are looking for a Support Specialist: Digital Streaming.
This role is commutable from Stratford, Ilford, Romford, Enfield, Barnet, Edgeware, Wembley, Brentford, Twickenham, Clapham, Croydon, Bromley, Dartford.
My clients are currently hiring Level 2 Support Specialists to work within their Operations team to help support customers with their content distribution platforms.
These allow content to be activated across multiple B2B and B2C destinations in a scalable, customisable and extendable way.
In 2018 they delivered over 55,000 live sporting & entertainment events across their Video and Data products – they’re proven to provide the world’s most dynamic and interactive digital experiences that are shaping the future of digital streaming.
Work through internal/external streaming, VOD and general queries effectively.
Provide fast and accurate diagnosis of escalated video and audio issues.
Provide guidance on technical issues experienced by clients and internal stakeholders.
Document runbooks for relevant production services and associated processes.
Assist with issues on clients LIVE and VOD content.
Taking down illegal streams reported internally or externally.
Assist in keeping high overall uptime of streaming equipment and linear channels in AMER, EMEA and APAC.
Identify and implement remedial actions post incidents including relaying status updates to wider internal stakeholders.
Identify and escalate possible code issues across all supported platforms.
Assist with testing and training during client onboarding.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge of streaming of OTT video and audio delivery including codecs, frame rate, bitrate, and resolution settings.
Understanding of content ingestion workflows and CMS.
Good knowledge of APIs and how they work.
Knowledge of CDN (Content delivery network).
Problem determination and analytical skills critical to success.
Time management and high attention to detail.
Strong written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts in a clear and easy to understand manner.
Desired skills and Experience:
Experience with web technology, database, computer networking a plus.
You must be able to work shift patterns, including weekends and overnights - they’re a 24/7/365 operation.
Salary: c£26-29k inclusive of shift allowance - flexible for the right candidate.
To apply for this Support Specialist: Digital Streaming role in London please contact us today!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Competitive salary inc. shift allowance plus benefits
- Location: Shoreditch, Greater London, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Blue Marble Recruitment Limited
- Contact: Andy Grant
- Tel: 07720 841 444
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: DSSS-3576066-AG
- Posted: 2019-10-16 16:23:00 -
- View all Jobs from Blue Marble Recruitment Limited
More Jobs from Blue Marble Recruitment Limited
- Sales Engineer - Sensors / Engineering - West London
- Sales Engineers - Sensors / Engineering - West Midlands
- PCB Design/Layout Engineer - Cambs
- Internal Sales Engineers - Telecoms/Scientific - Cambs
- Physicist: Organic Photodetectors - Cambs
- Chemists - Organic Electronic Materials - Cambs
- Senior Mechanical Engineer - Hants
- Web Software Developer: Real-Time - NE Hants
- MRI RF Coil Engineer - Surrey
- Software Development Manager - West London
- Field Service Engineer - BMS - London
- PProduct Manager - Inkjet Fluids - Cambs
- Support Specialists: Digital Streaming - London
- Chemists - Organic Materials - Cambs
- Research Physicist / Scientist: Physics - Cambs
- Biochemist - Fluorescent Tags - Cambs
- Wireperson - Herts
- Senior Chemist - Materials - Cambs