Box Office Assistant
Box Office Assistant
Location: Princes Street Gardens/ Castle Street, Edinburgh
Salary: £8.21 per hour
Start Date: 12/11/2019
Our client is a UK based live entertainment company.
Their events and festivals division operates one of the largest operations at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, selling over 460,000 tickets for over 200 shows, in 22 venues over 25 days in 2018.
2019 marks the eleventh year of their Festival on the Southbank - one of the biggest multi-arts offerings in London and London’s original pop-up festival, with over 140 shows programmed over 6 months on the South Bank.
The company also produces Edinburgh’s Hogmanay, Edinburgh’s Christmas, Christmas in Leicester Square, a Festival in Hong Kong and West End Live in Trafalgar Square for Westminster City Council and the Society of London Theatre.
In 2018 they sold over 1.5 million tickets to their various events.
Purpose of The Role
You’ll be working as part of their box office team and may be placed at their sites at East Princes Street Gardens or Castle Street. You will be selling tickets to their various rides and attractions at Edinburgh’s Christmas, handling cash and card transactions as well as answering general enquiries from the public.
Previous experience is not essential, but you must be a good communicator, extremely friendly and be able to stay calm in sometimes busy and difficult situations.
As the box office system is computerised, you should be able to work a computer without feeling the need to jump out of a window, though detailed computer literacy is not essential.
Cash handling experience would be a bonus. You should be a confident salesperson and be happy talking one to one with customers and recommending rides. You should be a self-motivated individual who is happy working in a close-knit team in temporary workspaces.
Terms & Conditions
This role is a fixed term contract, from the 12th of November 2019 – 6th of January 2020 inclusive. You should be available to work for the full period, and they can offer work on a full time or part time basis subject to availability. Staff Training takes place on the 12th of November and is compulsory.
Pay for this role is £8.21 per hour, which will be paid fortnightly for the duration of the contract. You will need to be over 18 and find your own accommodation within Edinburgh as they do not provide any staff accommodation.
You have to commit to working New Year's Eve daytime and evening.
You may be required to work Christmas Eve, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP. Applications close on 11/11/2019.
- Start: 12/11/19
- Duration: Contract
- Rate: Â£8.21 - 8.21 per hour + Bens
- Location: Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, Scotland
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Acapella Recruitment
- Contact: Client Recruitment Team
- Tel: 01245 408 436
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: T191028M
- Posted: 2019-10-28 12:36:40 -
- View all Jobs from Acapella Recruitment
More Jobs from Acapella Recruitment
- Trainee Engineer
- Clinical Deputy Manager - Care Home
- Concession Manager - Menswear Retail - Richmond
- Concession Manager - Menswear Retail
- Warehouse Operative - Weekends
- Skilled Fitter
- Operations Assistant
- Retail Manager - Menswear - Cwmbran
- Retail Sales Advisor - 16hrs - Altrincham
- Retail Sales Advisor - 16hrs per week - Carlisle
- Retail Sales Advisor - 12 or 5 hrs per wk - Livingston
- Retail Sales Advisor - 16hrs - Menswear - Croydon
- Data Engineer
- Retail Sales Advisor - Menswear - Bath
- Retail Sales Advisors - Full or part time - High Wycombe
- Front of House Assistant
- Bar Staff
- Bakery Store Manager
- Retail Store Manager