Test Engineering Design Manager
I'm recruiting for a Test Engineering Design Manager to join the Avionics engineering team for a global Aerospace and Marine client based in Wimborne.
As a Test Engineering Design Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Managing identification of avionic and test system product design risks and translation into risk mitigation activity.
- Managing the definition and agreement over verification methodology and planning within the discipline areas.
- Managing development of avionic and test design through company processes.
- Ensuring the team is provided with suitable equipment and processes in order to work in a safe and structured manner.
- Continuous development and improvement of procedures and processes.
- Mentoring of the team and the identification of training requirements.
- Defining and implementing improvement of team and individual competencies, skills and capacity; and management of personal development reviews.
- Coordinated management of the team, sub-contractors and outsourced projects.
- Ensuring compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
To be successful in the role of a Test Engineering Design Manager you will have come from an Aerospace / Avionics background and you'll have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant degree / engineering apprenticeship and HND / HNC.
- Demonstrated experience of design management in a highly integrated, multi-process environment.
- Proven skills and experience in leading medium sized teams made up of permanent, temporary and outsource staff.
- Proven experience of planning and leading design, integration and product test support activities.
- A proven understanding of electrical and electro-mechanical aspects of avionic and test equipment design.
- A proven knowledge and experience of using requirements management systems.
- Working knowledge of legal & regulatory requirements for activities in the discipline area (to include risk assessments and health and safety considerations).
- Proven knowledge of relevant industry standards for avionic and electrical engineering.
- Proven experience in providing technical governance and functional leadership in the discipline area.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a global leader in their industry.
This role will oversee the activities associated with Avionics and Test equipment design, test support and diagnostics and re responsible for the Avionics Laboratory.
This may involve risk assessments, technical planning, verification and validation of test environments, general supporting of test systems throughout the system lifecycle.
In return, you'll receive a competitive salary, private medical care as well as a bonus scheme.
To apply for the position of Test Engineering Design Manager, please send your CV to Clare Peace via the ‘apply now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
More Jobs from JAM Recruitment Ltd
- IP Networks Engineer
- Training Designer (Naval)
- Engineering Resource Co-ordinator
- Major Incident Manager
- Project Controller
- Project Controller
- Quality Control Officer - Dartford
- Campaigns Manager
- Airworthiness Engineer
- Software Engineer (Azure)
- Lead Project Engineer
- Engineering Manager - Preston
- Capex Project Manager - Preston
- Logistics Coordinator - Leeds
- Category Buyer - Logistics - Weybridge
- Category Buyer - Weybridge
- Automation Engineer - Cornwall
- Laboratory Assistant - Davidstow
- Technical Manager - Preston
- Multi-Skilled Engineer - Liverpool