Manufacturing Team Leader
Manufacturing Team Leader, Londonderry BT47
Salary: Competitive dependent upon experience
Our client, part of a global company with revenues approaching $5 billion, is a world leading manufacturer of sterile barrier packaging for the medical device and pharmaceutical markets .Over one billion surgical interventions around the world each year are supported by their risk-free packaging and they have gained a global reputation for expertise in material science.
They are relentless in their pursuit of innovation and their DNA is the talent and diversity of our people.
This combination of expertise and employee-drive makes them a great team to work with.
They have ambitious growth plans and are looking for the right talent to help with this.
Currently there is a vacancy for a Full Time Permanent Manufacturing Team Leader to work at the Derry site with immediate start .This is a 24/7 role which requires working 12 hour shifts on a 2 week rotation of both days and night shift, the working hours are 42 hours per week, this is a salaried monthly paid role, the shift premium for this role has been incorporated into the salary .Other company benefits are Life Insurance, Gainshare bonus after 3 months service, 33 holiday days (pro-rated) inclusive of bank holidays, rising to 34 days after 2 years continuous service, Healthshield Health Plan, Inspire Mental Wellbeing service.
To ensure that all direct staff comply with Health and Safety procedures and processes.
To manage the manufacturing production employees on shift with the support of the Shift Performance Manager.
To ensure the smooth running of the production process, ensuring that all products are produced to the specified specifications.
Target and deadlines are met to achieve the orders.
Review performance, identify training needs whilst driving motivation
* Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate.
Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation.
Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
* Support the Shift Performance Manager to deliver the highest quality, risk free products through the effective deployment of WCOM/lean six sigma practice.
* Achieve shift production targets on time and to our Quality system standards.
* Diagnose problem causes and take corrective action.
* Ensure that Manufacturing personnel perform the required Quality inspections.
To resolve minor Quality exceptions quickly and effectively through Q up or other means.
Escalate Quality exceptions that cannot be resolved by Quality representative.
* Coach and mentor, development programmes, Disciplinary & Grievance, Absence management, investigations, performance appraisals, succession planning, create positive partnerships, supervising and motivating.
* Team communications/meetings, provide constructive feedback, visual management, regular performance presentations.
* SAP problem solving, accurately and timely.
* Adherence to schedule, adjusting schedules as needed, liaising with planning to ensure efficiency.
* A minimum of three years' experience in a regulated manufacturing environment in a supervisory capacity.
* Evidence of using initiative to improve performance or Health & safety compliance within your area which would demonstrate your leadership ability.
* Willingness to undertake rotational shifts with varying patterns dependant on business needs.
* Strong verbal and written skills.
* SAP knowledge / experience
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Hotel Receptionist
- Junior Software Engineer
- Project Director (Building Services)
- Senior User Researcher
- Agile Delivery Manager
- Sales Administrator
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Commercial Administrator
- Bars Person / Cocktail Maker / Restaurant Floor Member
- Project Coordinator - Contract Furniture
- Post Doctoral Researcher, Biochemist Research
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Data Analyst
- Area Sales Manager
- Snr Design / User Researcher
- Full Stack Developer
- CAD Assistant
- Snr Service Designer
- Snr UX Designer