Level 2/3 Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship
Evolve Apprentices manage the Construction Industry Training Board Shared Apprenticeship Scheme in London.
We are a not for profit organisation aiming to deliver social value and provide opportunities for disadvantaged groups.
To find out more about us, please visit our website at www.evolveuk.org
Evolve Apprentices Ltd currently have a vacancy in London for anyone interested in starting and completing a Level 2 or 3 Carpentry & Joinery apprenticeship.
We are interested in those suitable for the Level 3 apprenticeships, but will consider those that meet the requirements for the Level 2 if necessary.
NOTE: This apprenticeship will include working in parliamentary buildings, which involves passing an intense background security check.
You must also be able to supply three years of your previous employment history, with no gaps longer than three months that can't be accounted for.
Please make sure this is included on your CV when applying for this apprenticeship.
The occupation involves carrying out skilled work, primarily using timber products, on a construction site to install building components.
A Level 2 Carpenter will normally work on a building site, or in domestic and commercial premises, preparing and fixing building components, from the initial erection of a new building, through to the installation of all necessary fixtures and fittings, as well as a range of repair and maintenance activities.
The Level 3 Carpenter can undertake complex job tasks, requiring high levels of practical skills and knowledge, in addition to managing their own work and leading small teams.
Complex jobs tasks may include preparing and installing bespoke building components e.g.
high-quality doors, shaped linings, staircases with turns, complex wall and floor units, erecting bespoke structural carpentry (inclined roofs and joists) and erecting complex roof structures (e.g.
inclined roofs with hips, valleys and dormers).
The achievement of the Level 2 standard will meet the requirements of the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) ?Skilled Worker' standard, which is widely accepted in the sector as a ?licence to operate' in a skilled construction trade.
The Level 3 standard will meet the requirements of the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) ?Advanced Skilled Worker'.
- For the Level 2 apprenticeship you must have 4 GCSE's, including English & Math at grade 1 (G) or higher OR Functional Skills Level 1 in English & Math.
- For a Level 2 apprenticeship you must have 5 GCSE's, including English & Math at grade 4 (C) or higher OR Functional Skills Level 2 in English & Math.
You must also have completed the Level 2 Carpentry & Joinery qualification or have the equivalent, relevant experience.
Behaviour/Characteristics : You will attend college one day a week and the other four will be on site.
You must be dedicated to starting and completing this apprenticeship.
Be able to manage your time, follow instructions, and work as part of a team.
Be willing to travel.
Have basic computer skills.
* You will receive a fully funded apprenticeship with experience on site and the college qualification
* Minimum of 35 hours a week working on site and a day at college
* You will be paid a wage for all hours worked and spent at college
* Statutory Pension and Statutory Leave
* Potential for continued employment or help gaining employment through our Employee Assistance Programme
Due to the number of applicants for this apprenticeship, we may not be able to reply to every application or offer an interview.
All CV's will be held onto for three months though, in case another vacancy comes up that you are suitable for.
- Duration: 24 Months
- Rate: £4.35 - £8.21 Per Hour + Possible Travel Expenses
- Location: London, England
- Type: Both
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Evolve Apprentices Ltd
- Contact: Terrie Wells
- Tel: 02037440200
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: London: SE Carpentry
- Posted: 2019-11-25 10:50:15 -
- View all Jobs from Evolve Apprentices Ltd
More Jobs from Evolve Apprentices Ltd
- Level 2 Bricklaying Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Plumbing Apprenticeship
- Lewisham: Level 3 Contracting Site Supervisor Apprenticeship
- Brent: Level 2/3 Dry Lining Apprenticeship
- Hackney: Level 3 Contracting Site Supervisor Apprenticeship
- Barking & Dagenham: Level 3 Contracting Site Supervisor Apprenticeship
- London: Level 2 or 3 Plumbing & Heating Apprenticeship
- Hillingdon: Level 2/3 Plumbing & Heating Apprenticeship
- Hillingdon: Level 3 Electrical Apprenticeship