Physicist / Electro-optical Engineer - Cambs
My clients in Cambridgeshire are looking for a Physicist / Electro-optical Engineer.
This role is commutable from Saffron Walden, Royston, Cambridge, Bedford, St.
My client is committed to on-going innovation and their remit to explore Lifesciences, IT, Energy and Environment covers most technological endeavours.
This role would involve working in a team which picks themes within these fields of interest based on societal needs, desires and trends.
The team carries out scenario planning to identify areas where unique materials solutions are likely to be required in 10 to 20 years’ time.
Once materials solutions are identified, the team then starts to build a database of researchers (Universities, Institutes and start-ups) where solutions might be found.
Learning will be regularly shared with the wider company through presentations, word of mouth and participating in briefing preparations as well as brainstorm sessions.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• Identify and develop new themes for exploration, justifying the research based on possible scenarios, the impact on society, and the company.
o For all new themes, early indicators that support the scenario should be documented.
• Develop themes to a level where needs can be identified, investigating the societal drivers, such as scarcity, the changing regulation landscape etc.
Decide from these needs which ones you believe the company may be able to contribute.
• Once a theme is sufficiently developed, build a database of who is either active in the relevant area or who you believe might have a solution even if they are not working on that solution.
• Prepare briefing documents and carry out the briefing in developed theme areas when the company wants to take a theme or sub-theme on.
• Being involved in preparing a weekly news email, containing interesting items from the week’s investigations as well as some interesting technology developments.
• Excellent academic credentials are essential for this role, and these must include a PhD (or equivalent experience) in Physics, Optoelectronics or Electro-optical Engineering, ideally backed up by academic publications
• Multi-disciplinary Post-doctoral research and/or consultancy experience with a keen awareness of recent trends as well as cutting edge materials technologies is highly desirable.
• A demonstrable interest in new technologies and in developing technical solutions across a range of projects and applications is a pre-requisite, e.g.
having worked in a variety of technical areas or in multidisciplinary research.
• A demonstrated ability to research, understand, and summarise complex scientific concepts is needed, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively is essential.
• The capacity to work both independently and as part of a team is a prerequisite for this role.
• The ability to network and connect with people in industry and academia across multiple scientific disciplines is of vital importance.
• Computer literacy is essential.
Familiarity with Windows and Microsoft Office products.
Salary to c£35k per annum, flexible for the right candidate.
To apply for this Physics / Optoelectronics / Electro-optical Engineering Consultant role in Cambridgeshire please contact us ASAP!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Competitive salary plus benefits
- Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Blue Marble Recruitment Limited
- Contact: Andy Grant
- Tel: 07720 841 444
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SVEP-401649-AG
- Posted: 2019-12-05 16:57:41 -
- View all Jobs from Blue Marble Recruitment Limited