Senior Production Operative
Tudor Employment Agency are currently recruiting for an Experienced Production Operative to join our well-established client, based in Stafford.
Salary: Starting at £19,228.26, rising to £21,364.73. (Potential to earn up to £27,966.83 depending on skills and competency development)
Hours: 3 x weekly rotating shifts:
Earlies: 4:45am/5:45am until 2:00pm
Lates: 1:45pm until 10:00pm
Nights: 9:45pm until 6:00am
You will be required to work 8 x 10hr Saturday shifts throughout the year.
To lead, motivate and organise a production line and team to ensure a legal, quality product is produced efficiently and safely, right first time.
Scope of Role
To be part of an empowered professional team, to ensure the safe and efficient running of a production process and assist shift management to satisfy the production plan for each shift by maximising resources including materials, methodology, labour and machinery.
Your main role will be to operate, and engage in, the packing of powder-type products into their respective formats.
You will be the senior team member, following a production plan, ensuring your line and team efficiently produce a quality product for customers.You will, adhere to stringent Health and Safety, Food Safety, and Quality standards & procedures, ensuring allergen controls and efficiencies targets are met.
- Health and Safety Compliance
- Ensure you, your team and working areas always adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Completing of Line start checks and paperwork, ensuring the line complies with both Health & Safety and Food Safety requirements prior to starting
- Ensure all line Quality checks, including metal detector and checkweigher etc are completed in a timely manner, legible and accurate
- Responsible for producing a quality product by ensuring correct packaging, raw materials and label information is supplied and used by the line as per specification
- Supply and input accurate data to the in-house stock control system in a timely manner to enable full traceability
- Inputting line performance data, ensuring information is quantifiable and fully explanative for the shift
- Lead and support improvement initiatives with your team on areas in line with your job scope.
There should be emphasis on Continuous efficiency improvement, whilst maintaining Quality standards
- Monitoring equipment and outputs to minimise waste, improve reliability and increasing the efficient use of resources and limiting down time
- Co-operating and working well with others throughout the Company in pursuit of team goals, sharing information and supporting others
- Promote a safety and quality-focused culture ensuring you, your team, areas of work, and site, are safe.
Good housekeeping is to be maintained at all times by operating a “clean as you go” policy
- Be flexible in the approach to work, undertaking any other duties as required by the needs of the business and commensurate with knowledge, skills, experience and role level
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment, preferably in FMCG
- Basic working knowledge of Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Food hygiene Level 1
- An understanding of HACCP and BRC Global standards
- Relevant health and Safety qualification – IOSH
- Food hygiene level 2
- HACCP level 2
- Understanding of COSHH
- Experience of working within in the food industry
- 2 years’ experience of operating machinery
- Experience of leading a small team
- Experience of SAP or other stock management system
- Problem solving
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or send a copy of your Cv to email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding the role, please call 01543 500 177 and ask to speak with Maria or Sam.
More Jobs from Tudor Employmet
- Temporary Credit Controller
- Maintenance Technician - Temporary Contract
- Maintenance Technician - Permanent Contract
- Finance Assistant
- Community Outreach Worker
- HR Advisor
- Qualified Chilldren's Social Worker
- New Business Project Manager
- ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
- Supply Chain Department Administrator
- Junior Project Manager
- Lead Mobile Audio Visual Engineer
- Mobile Audio Visual Engineer
- HR Specialist
- Adult Service Social Worker
- Customer Relations Executive
- Parcel Sorters - Essington (Transport available)
- Waste Management & Sustainability Officer
- Parcel Sorters - Cannock (Transport Available)
- Technical Officer